Episode Two: Car(pt. 2)

*This is published on December 21, 2019. The next episode will be out next week. If you like this story, please leave a comment and/or vote and thank you for taking the time to read this. Have a blessed day! Enjoy! Btw, the song is always One Foot by Walk the Moon and the End credits song will always be Whispers in the Dark by Skillet.*

*Edit: The soft song played during the flashback is called "Talk" by Khalid.*

Meanwhile, Sam drove McWinkle's vehicle through the deserted freeway, his frown stuck on his face since he left McWinkle's house. Did he do the right thing? Did he save them? He saw the confused look on Guy's face, as well as on Michellee's and E.B's. Sam had the guilt holding his heart but...he knew he did the right thing, right?

"I'm sure I did the right thing," Sam muttered underneath his breath.

No, you didn't.

"Yeah...I'm a hundred percent sure I did the right thing." Sam boosted his confidence.

No, you idiot, you didn't do the right thing! Maybe you should explain to your new 'family' about why this 'Ghost' is after you!

Sam sighed while throwing his head back against the cushion of his driver's seat. He stared at the long road ahead of him, discouraged. It's too silent in the vehicle for him to be alone with his thoughts. Sam glanced at the radio, curving up a soft smile.

"Let's make some noise in here," Sam uttered to himself, "Putting in some music on should be comforting."

Sam flipped on the radio station to a piece of calm relaxing music but the lyrics brought him back a few memories.

Flashback: 

Sam was only a young boy when he's alone at that lonesome orphanage. He talked to a few kids but they didn't accept him. Some of them were adopted and some considered him a freak. None of them wouldn't want Sam to be their friend. One day, when Sam turned nine, he witnessed something in the orphanage that was best to not go deep into remembering.

"You can't have your son back," the woman, who was the head of his orphanage, responded to a young desperate mother. The mother's fur was yellow...just like Sam's...it might have been his mother. But he couldn't see her face. 

"Please, he needs me."

"You don't have enough brunkels to take care of your son in the first place," The head lady of his orphanage responded.

The mother clenched her teeth in anguish. "Then, I'll find something...something that will bring brunkels...and I will return to him."

In all honesty, Sam thought that the mother was talking about him...he waited a few years later to learn the hard way. Another kid, who had yellow fur like him, ran up to the desperate mother. She had earned enough brunkels to take care of her one only son...it's too bad that Sam...Sam didn't get adopted.

Sam waited and waited for years for his mother to make a bold entrance and reclaim her son...but that dream never happened. If his mother can't reach him, then Sam can reach to his mother. Sam packed up his things from his dorm, along with his big lucky red hat, and snuck out of the orphanage on a rainy day at the age of fifteen. No one knew he disappeared and that's a good thing for him. 

He ran out in the storm, not considering the warnings from strangers to take shelter from the storm. He finally hid out in the alleyway, trembling in the cold. The tears formed out of his eyes and slid down his cheeks, letting the rain droppings come down harder. Sam heard footsteps coming from to his right in the alleyway and glanced up at the mysterious man, with red fur but the hat covered his face. He offered a hand to Sam and Sam----