Episode Twelve: Tree (pt. 1)

*Hey guys, the next part will be published today while the next episode will come out next week. This is published on March 1, 2020. If you enjoy this episode, please comment and/or vote. It will be much appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to read this and have a blessed day!  Enjoy!*

*Edit: This is where the episode really begins. Sorry for the inconvenience. I also decided to change the name of the episode.*

The boat finally merged back out of the water and was docked on the port of Meepville. Everyone walked out of the boat just in time to see the sun rising in the big city of Meepville. They walked on the wooden steps towards the wooden dock and looked out onto the ginormous city.

"We might be lucky that we won't hit that 'traffic'," Goat replied after noticing that there's barely anyone on the streets, whether it's driving or walking on the sidewalks.

"Well, that means less of a hazard to deal with," Michael input his opinion.

Jean, Cosette, and Fawn were squeaking to each other and hugging each other as if they're never going to see each other again. Jean pecked a kiss to both his wife and his child and hugged them again. He departed from them and climbed up to Michael's leg and reached his shoulder.

"Ready to go, brother?" Michael asked, smiling at his mouse friend.

Jean nodded his head with a determined squeak.

Guy and Michellee were holding hands while Sam joined them in holding hands by grabbing Guy's other hand. They stopped when they reached the end of the dock while Guy glanced over his shoulder at Michellee, who had a frown on her face.

"We'll be okay, Michellee, I promise," Guy reassured Michellee, reading her mind.

Michellee perked her head up a bit and smiled. "I know...it's just...I-I--"

Guy let go of her hand and brushed his finger on her lips. "You don't have to say anything." He cupped his hand on her cheek, causing her to smile. "I love you."

"I love you too, honey."

Sam let go of Guy's other hand so his best friend could kiss her on the lips. Guy and Michellee shared a brief kiss on the lips and then they dispersed, leaving a smile on both of their faces. Sam smiled at both of them but then frowned a bit. Goat strolled up beside him and noticed the sad look on his face. He handed Sam a pistol with a trusting gaze.

Sam noticed Goat handing him a gun.

"In case you need something to help you fight back," Goat informed Sam.

Sam stared the gun, slowly taking it into his hands. "Thank you."

"No problem, amigo."

Gluntz ambled by Michellee with a smile on her face. "Aw, you guys are so cute together."

Michellee giggled a bit at her. "Thank you."

Louis was about to walk towards the group until McWinkle put a hand on his son's shoulder.

"Son, when are you going to tell them?" McWinkle asked softly, staring into his son's eyes.

Louis became confused for a moment but then frowned a bit. "They shouldn't have to know."

"Are you sure you can keep this forever? What happens if--?"

"They won't, Dad. I guarantee you. For their sake, they won't," Louis spoke up soothingly, reassuring his father about whatever they were talking about.

McWinkle took his hand off of his son's shoulder so that Louis could walk back to the group. The old man stood there with a sigh, gazing down at the wooden port. He lifted his determined gaze back up at the group and strode towards them.