Episode Four: Fox (pt. 2)

*Hey guys! Thank you all so much for your support for this fanfic. If you like this part, please give it a vote or/and comment. I would love to hear your feedback. This is published on January 4, 2020. The next episode will come out next weekend. Have a blessed day! Enjoy! Remember, the intro song will always be One Foot by Walk the Moon.*

Jeffrey curved up a smirk. "Never thought I would see you again, Guy."

Awkward...

Guy blinked in utter confusion while trembling to find the words to say to his younger brother, who's an assassin now. "Wait-Wait-Wait! Wait, what? Where have you been? How did you become the Ghost? What happened to you?!"

Jeffrey lost his smirk while glaring at Guy. "Why do you care? The only thing you ever did to me was push me away."

"No, I haven't--"

"Really? All you ever wanted was fame and popularity and all I wanted was my big brother back!"

Guy paused, taking in a moment to process what Jeffrey was telling him. "Jeffrey, I--"

"You told me to keep trying, Guy! And I have! But everything I've ever done was a failure! Whatever I tried to be like you, I failed and got bullied for it! I got shoved into worst places than that stupid locker!"

"Really, this is why you wanted to become a Ghost?!"

"They found me and cared for me when you or anyone else wouldn't! They trained me to kill and nothing else. This is something I'm good at. When they gave me the job to hunt you down, I knew it was my time to shine...although I was expecting to show my face to you when you're on your last breath...so you can see your little brother one last time. You didn't care about me...you never had."

The silence filled in the room, leaving Guy's lips quivering. "Jeffrey...you were dead wrong, I did care about you and still do. You ran away...I had to chase you out in that pouring rain!" Guy snapped at Jeffrey, his heart ached to see his little brother like this. "Just to get you back! I don't have any brunkels to get on that bus to get you back that night! I had to go back to our parents and...tell them that you ran away--!"

"Let me guess, they cared less of where I was going--.

"Wrong!" Guy barked, tears streaming down on his cheeks. "Dad had to find you! He's gone for a couple of months just to go looking for you! All of us hung up the posters with your face on it so that the people in StovePipe can help us find you!!! But you never came back!! Dad went back home empty-handed! I lost all the hope that day! I was devastated that year and years ever since then!"

Guy paused, calming himself down while gazing softly at his younger brother. "But then, I had some crazy idea that if I showed off my inventions, I would earn some brunkels or go to some big city for it to be a good start to find you. But every invention that I built exploded. I failed constantly and I lost all hope in my inventions. Do you think that you're the only one who failed at every turn? No...I know exactly how you feel...and...and I'm sorry, Jeffrey. I'm sorry that I made you feel like you have to be like me so that you won't get bullied. I should've protected you...I should've stood up for you...I had no idea what I was thinking back in high school but I don't care about fame or popularity...those things aren't important to me anymore. I had a family and friends but they were small...and it's enough for me...but not enough without you in it. I'm sorry, Jeffrey."

Jeffrey didn't know what to think or feel...he half-expected Guy to be scared and begging for mercy or be angry and wanting to strangle his own brother. But he noticed that Guy's reaction was none of that. It was more grieving to watch him talk about what happened that day when he ran away...he thought that Guy just chased after him in the rain because he acted like he cared for his younger brother but later let him get bullied...but that crack in Guy's voice and those tears streaming down on his big brother's face showed him otherwise.