Episode Three: Train (pt. 3)

*Hey guys! This is published on December 28, 2019. The next episode will come out next week. I hope you all have a blessed day and thank you for taking the time to read this. If you like this part, please give it a vote or/and comment. That would be much appreciated. 

Breakfast was already finished as the group entered the Bar Cart. It's a playground inside of the cart with a bunch of long ladders turning into monkey bars and long slides that spin and twirl their way down towards the ball pits placed in front of them. There were kids climbing and sliding everywhere while both E.B. and Sam awed at the cart.

"You are so right!" Sam gasped while turning to E.B. "This is like a playground!"

Guy chuckled at both of Sam's and E.B's fascination. "Go on, you two. Have fun."

"We'll be watching," Michellee added while Sam and E.B. bolted to play in the fun playground. Michellee rubbed her arm nervously. "This...looks dangerous."

Guy shifted his attention to Michellee with a soft smile. "Do you think everything is dangerous?"

Michellee shot a withering glare at Guy but she showed off a smirk at the corner of her mouth. "You can't be too oblivious."

"You also can't be too careful." Guy grinned teasingly, his voice sounding alluring.

Both Guy and Michellee shifted their focus on E.B. and Sam, which they were far from sight.

Meanwhile, Sam hanged on the monkey bar with a cute smile and giggled. "Whoa! This is fun!"

"Yeah! It's a playground!! Have you ever played in a playground before?" E.B. grinned but curiosity took over her tone.

Sam stopped and frowned at the thought. E.B didn't know anything about him being an orphan...was Guy and Michellee going to tell her? 

Sam sighed while plastering a smile and climbing on top of the monkey bars. "I guess I never have played in the playground before."

E.B. climbed on top of the monkey bars with him. "Why not?"

"Well...it's because...I grew up an orphan."

E.B. gasped, a bit surprised. "Oh."

"I thought it was kind of obvious...you know...to find my mom."

"I-I thought you haven't contacted her since you turn to crime. I mean...you lost contact of her until now."

"No." Sam chuckled nervously, mostly at himself. "I-I mostly grew up in an orphanage...actually...I ran away from it."

E.B's eyes trembled. "Oh...Sam, I'm sorry."

"Don't be. It's not your fault I was always alone...well...until I met Guy."

"Did...you grow up to be a criminal?"

"Mostly...I thought that is the only way to live until well...again...until I met Guy. And until I met you and your mother. Even until you named the chickeraffe Mr. Jenkins. I never told anyone this...well, except Guy."

"So...all those stories about your mother...you made them up?"

Sam nodded his head slowly and sadly. "Yeah...I wished those were true. But...I hate facing the fact that I'm alone. That I'm always alone."

E.B stared at Sam sympathetically and crawled over to him on top of the monkey bars. She wrapped him into her small tight embrace while smiling. "You won't have to be alone ever again, Sam. You won't ever go through your battles alone. You have us now to help you fight...you have us as your family and nothing is going to tear us apart."