Episode Nine: Goat(Pt. 1)

*Hey guys, I'm back with another episode. This episode is by far the longest episode I have ever written in my entire book. It will put you through twists and turns like a rollercoaster ride. Just giving you all a heads up. The next part will come out today and the next episode will come out next week(if I'm not too busy with school). This is published on February 8, 2020. If you like this part(s), please comment and/or vote. I would love to see what you guys think. The intro song will always be One Foot by Walk the Moon. Enjoy!*

*Edit: I added a little African proverb that will let you understand further about what the flashback was inspired by.*

Flashback:

Flashback:

There was a loud thud from the other side of the bedroom door. Of course, the young ten-year-old red fur boy had an idea of what's going on. He can hear voices yelling at each other and he didn't even cover his ears. There was nowhere in the house he could go to avoid it. In fact, there's nowhere in this small town called Spillsberry where he could to go to avoid the fight. He's cornered in his bedroom with only one window open. When he looked out of the window, he can see a group of buff boys, who were older than him, waiting for him to climb out of the window. The boy climbed out of his window and tried to bolt for the streets but a pair of twins blocked off the exit.

The lead boy chuckled. "You think you can escape from us, Williams?"

The red fur boy didn't answer, his body stood frozen but he didn't wear a scared expression.

"Where are you going go, huh, Williams?" the lead boy strode up to the red fur boy and got in his face.

The red fur kid attempted to pass by the boys again, but one of the boys pushed him down onto the dirt. Before the red fur boy could stand up, the older boys began kicking him in the gut and beating him harshly. The townspeople who were strolling nearby the alleyway stood there and watched the kid getting beaten up by bullies. Some of the townspeople kept walking but some just watched and made no action to save the boy. Finally, a cop stepped in with an irritated glare at the boys.

"Alright, you had your fun! Go home before you caused further trouble!" The officer barked his orders. The boys were hesitant at first but they immediately strolled out of the alleyway. The cop picked the red fur boy by the elbow harshly. "Beat it, kid!"

The cop shoved the boy away from him. The red fur boy stumbled but he regained his footing quickly. He only turned to look at the cop, however, it freaked the cop even more that the boy doesn't seem either angry or grateful. He seemed calm...just calm. Not calm as in peace though. Calm as in confusion...confused about what he should feel right about now.

"Do you hear me?! I said beat it!" The cop gave one last order before he scared the kid out of the alleyway. The kid didn't seem phased though when he scurried out of the alleyway. He roamed around the deserted street while still hearing the yelling coming from his own house. The boy's mind was blank and he took a moment to look around the bleak town called Spillsberry.