Episode Ten: House(pt. 4)

*This is published on February 15, 2020. The next episode will come out next weekend. Enjoy! *

"So...how long will the scent last?" Michael asked Goat as the group explored downtown Stovepipe Junction, far from Guy's parent's house.

"Uh...aren't you a fox? Shouldn't you be the one to know that?" Goat questioned, raising his brow.

Guy swept his gaze around the town, trying to look out for any Ghosts that his father claimed that he saw.

"Well, yeah. But, you are more of a bloodhound--"

"Because I trained myself to track down scent for years. However, for you, it should've come naturally."

"I ain't no bloodhound--I'm a fox-!" Michael sniffed something suddenly. "Wait, I do smell something."

Goat sighed deeply. "Told you."

"Is it a different scent?" Gluntz articulated.

"No...still green eggs and ham...and it's getting stronger," Michael answered while sniffing.

"We must be getting close," Louis whispered to both Guy and Gluntz.

Gluntz nodded her head in agreement. The group noticed a diner that served solely on Green Eggs and Ham called Seuss's Diner. Guy looked through the windows of the diner and observed inside of the restaurant.

"Sam's not in there," Guy indicated. The others peeked through the restaurant to find citizens talking obliviously about anything. But there's no Sam in the restaurant.

"That's weird...we must be smelling the restaurant and not Sam," Goat growled lowly to himself. "Dang it."

Michael picked up another scent...same scent but it's stronger. "Uh...guys, I think I just picked up something."

"What did you pick up, Michael?" Louis questioned immediately.

Michael sniffed further. "I smell...green eggs and ham...but I smell also--green eggs and ham cologne?"

"Cologne?" Gluntz raised her brow.

"It's Sam!" Guy recognized instantly. "For some reason, he always put green eggs and ham cologne on."

"How would you know that?" Goat asked while raising his brow further.

"Because I can smell it every time he comes and visit," Guy stated plainly.

Goat slowly turned his head away from Guy. "Okay."

Michael followed the scent towards the dark alleyway with the group trailing behind him. They saw a familiar red hat peeking up from beside the trashcan and a paper that appeared a lot like a map folded out to cover the short familiar person.

"Sam!" Guy called out immediately while passing by the group and stepping into the dark alleyway.

Sam jumped up to his feet quickly while throwing the map away from him. "Guy!" Sam smiled in relief when he saw Guy being okay but he knew that Guy wouldn't be for long if he stuck around him. He lost his smile. "What are you doing out here?! Go back to the safe place!"

"Uh, what's going on, Sam?" Michael asked with a raised brow.

Sam widened his eyes while noticing Gluntz, Louis, Michael, and Goat with Guy. "Wait, what are you guys doing out here?!"

"Uh...we're here to find you. You ran away, amigo," Goat explained in a simple way.

"Sam, what's going on? Why are you acting like this?" Louis threw in his questions, his face was shown as a mix of confusion and shock.