Chapter 7

It had failed her. Even though she had made it very clear what she had wanted. The dark shadow before her stood as still as a statue, and Ellora sighed in frustration.

"What do you mean you could not kill him." she asked the shadow, but it only lowered it's head. She didn't know why killing a bastard of Talon's was so difficult. The first man she had sent had also proven to be worthless when it came to following a simple order. She had promised him freedom and riches, but it had probably not been enough for him.

Ellora looked at the shadow before her, and sighed. It was weaker than she had thought. As the last one left, it should have been more powerful but that was not the case, she noticed.

"I need the heir gone. You have one more chance to prove yourself to me. Do this, and I will give you what you most desire." she said to the dark shadow who then disappeared from her sight without a sound. This was proving to be harder than she had predicted, but that would not stop her.

She moved to the altar at the end of the torch lit room, and knelt before it. She bowed her head, and said a short prayer before looking up at the statue, her eyes full of determination.

"We will not fail you. I swear it."

<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>

Being so far from the forest, from her home felt strange and at the same time a tiny bit exciting. She had left the forest a couple of times, mainly to get some supplies from nearby villages. Or rather to steal them. Thinking about her cottage made her sad, but she knew that now there was nothing that could be done about it. Once it was safe, she would go back. She thought of Pikey, and her plants and trees. She hoped Pikey was okay.

Now as she walked beside Kaynen, she studied the open area. They had been walking for hours, and had not yet come across a village or town. Lavelina was tired, and hungry, and she needed to pee. Like really bad.

"I need to pee." she blurted out, and crossed her legs. Kaynen nodded, and they stopped.

"Can't you hold it in?" Azariah grumbled, and she glared at him.

"No I can't, you imbecile. It won't take long." she said to him, and almost laughed at his expression. Kaynen and Elian chuckled, and Elias had burst out in laughter.

"She got you again, Azz. You really need to step up your game." he said in between laughter.

Lavelina smiled, but it disappeared when her eyes found Azariah's. His eyes appeared almost.....sad. She turned around and walked towards the small bush, leaving her three companions behind. After relieving herself, she felt much better, and stepped from behind the bush with a smile. Azariah's face made her feel bad, and she stepped up to him.

"I'm sorry I called you an Imbecile. I don't think you are one." she said, and gave him a small smile.

"Whatever." he replied and started walking. Lavelina stared after him and sighed.

"He still doesn't like me." she said and Elias came to her, and put his arm around her shoulder.

"If you lick my cheek, I will hurt you." she said and felt him stiffen and pull away. His horrified face made her burst into a loud laughter.

Elias pouted, and she linked her arm through his.

"That wasn't funny."

"It so was. You should have seen your face." Elian said before anyone else could. Elias looked at his brother with a hurtful expression.

"You're my twinie. You're supposed to be on my side."

"Come on Elias. I would never hurt you of all people. You're too handsome, remember?" Lavelina whispered to him, and he smiled wide.