40

40

His POV

Everything was pitched black, it was lonely, silent and sad. I don't know where I was after I had the last glimpse to my lovely mate.

"Rane!" I shouted to place but all I heard were echoes into nothing, no response, no, nothing.

I ran and ran to all directions I could think of but I was lead nowhere but darkness.

So, this is how it feels to be dead? What have I ever done to the heavens that it made me suffer all of this? Death, death that separated me and my only loving mate.

The last memory of her in my mind was her emotionless eyes which is staring at me like I was nothing, but I can feel it, I can feel that she was fighting against what was controlling her. I know that she will win that fight, a fight against her own self.

She could have a fit for the crown more than Fayra, a hint of memory flashed when I first saw her in that house, what was I thinking?

I didn't even know what force has made me go there without me even knowing, I never heard of a house or someone living there before.

But when I saw her, I know that she is a big part of my life, and she actually is, I was just denying a fact. When the first time our eyes actually met and the mate bond started, I wanted to break the said bond immediately, she is a human, but as I kept staring at her from afar I knew that the bond was actually something that stir emotions inside you as if you were so lost then now you found a place you belong and not as cruel as my father had described inside of my head.

Hell, he knew nothing. When I chose Fayra over her, it felt like my whole World was destroyed into dusts. I couldn't even stop myself from going to her. I always blamed the bond, while in fact, my feelings were the ones making the bond stronger, such thing was really unbreakable, even if it was already broken some pieces of it finds its way back into a whole.

I was so wrong when I thought that the bond was the one responsible for the emotions and feelings leading me towards her. It was all the love, hate, and longing inside of me pulling me towards her, while making the bond stronger, the more I deny, the more it hits me harder.

If only I never broke the bond between us, everything could have been different, if only I chose her earlier. I could have knew that she is my mate and not some witch. But didn't I actually knew? I was all curious and amazed by her at the same time back then. Even knowing that her kind was the dark ones I thought of killing her, but my mind was easily fooled by my heart. I was stupid, I already knew right from the start my guts and my heart was already pointing on one direction and pushing towards no one else but her.