Shoganai

"it can't be helped"

June held the small Myoi in her arms as a wet towel is across her forehead. "Danki." She falls over her son and he follows suit. "Would you mind watching your sisters? I'm going to make us food."

"Of course mama." He says with a book in his hand, a blanket draped over his shoulders to warm his sisters up. The autumn breeze hits through the thin wooden doors and June signs at the fact they couldn't reach her homeland before night fell. So tonight, they were going to stay in a room June rented for tonight just to get some rest because she knew her children were tired and so was she.

"I'll be back within 6 minutes. I'll try to find something nice for you honey and maybe breakfast for tomorrow. Be safe and I love you."

"I love you too mama!" He says as Myoi reaches for his finger playfully while Hope is sleeping peacefully.

———

"How much for this ma'am?"

"2 coins!" She hands two coins in exchange for a pack of rice. June looks around the stand more, in search for anything else that would be cheap.

"What about those eggs and pork?"

"4 coins!" June is already handing her the money once again, about to turn around to walk back before saying once again,

"What about a bag of strawberries, cooked fish and bread?"

"My my, you must have young ones at home!" The lady chuckles as she hands the food to June. June nods her head before giving more money to the lady. "Y'all traveling?"

"Yes ma'am! We're actually going back to my homeland."

"Ah that's very nice. Now you be careful now and don't stay out late, everyone knows it's demons out here."

"Yes ma'am." She barley days, flashing a smile and turning away to head back to her children.

———

"Kids?" She says and it's dead silent as June places down the food on the small wooden table. "Danki?"

June could feel tears in her eyes as she sees the sight of her children all sleeping away. Danki towers over both of his sisters in a protective way, cuddling the two within his small frame. Myoi and Hope share a small blanket together, both cuddling to one another while Danki had put his blanket over the three of them.

June smiles before chuckling softly. "So cute, it'll be a shame to wake them up."

Her voice causes Danki to stir up. He slightly pouts his lips before saying, "Do you have food?"

"Yes I do honey. Mama went and bought very food good." Danki nods his head before his eyelids close once again and June chuckles.

"I guess drowsiness can't be helped at a time like this."