Kogarashi

"cold, wintry wind"

"cold, wintry wind"

Blood. The sweet aroma fills his nostrils and he could hardly eat the potatoes without shaking. The blood was about 2 miles away but that didn't mean the scent would go away and it was visible to the demon boy. He first smelt it when he was accompanied in the bathroom, it was a fresh kill that made him crave for it.

Jesus, this was killing him. Forget his father crushing his throat, he was dying to have a taste of blood and the fresh organs of a random someone outside. He bit himself multiple times whilst in the water because the aroma smelt too delicious to not be consumed.

Danki does continue to eat the potato soup, almost gagging because this is not what he wanted at the moment. Blood was so satisfying to drink, it was like dark chocolate, it filled his body with such thickness and warmth. It didn't matter what kind of life form it was; animal, human, insect, Danki wanted to to swallow it whole.

He looks around the dinner table as he plopped another spoonful of soup in his mouth. Nobody seemed to notice his distress and overlapping hunger for a scent they couldn't smell.

A tug on his arm. "Brother, are you okay?" Danki looks down to see its Kazumi looking at him with a dirty mouthful of soup. Myoi sits beside the young boy, letting out light coughs here and there. Natsu giggles away at Hope making silly faces and weird noises, causing her to get hiccups.

"What is it? Say it again?" Danki says with a half smile. Kazumi looks at him with his doe, red eyes. Kazumi fiddles with his finger before nervously asking, "Are you okay? I-I know that last time you were trying to protect m-me but I feel very bad. I'm s-sorry" tears fill the boys eyes while Danki stays calm, letting out a sign.

"Your big brother is fine. I don't regret protecting you... now, stop all this crying and finish up." He ruffles the top of the boys head. Kazumi sniffs before wiping away his tears.

Wow, Danki didn't expect that. His brother was usually quiet about his feelings and only confined to their mother about his worries. The young boy was always saying sorry for something you didn't cause, which was different from both himself and their father.

An idea pops in his head. Maybe Danki could teach the boy self defense, maybe even some how to approach girls-

You should eat him.

Whoa, what?

Young blood is always best.

Danki chokes causing June to hit his back lightly. "Son! Are you-."

"I'm fine." He cuts her off with a curt response. Danki stands up and excuses himself, letting the door squeak and the nighttime air hits his face.

What the hell was that? There was no way that-

His instincts kick in as the aroma gets stronger, thicker than before. He runs off the porch to the scent of blood.

As he runs in the moonlight, he can't help but think this is truly what a demon is.

A monster.