Mamoritai

"i will always protect you"

"Mom!!! I want some food." Natsu whines out and Myoi bums in agreement. "When is uncle coming back, he takes forever!"

June giggles, "You kids know your uncle has a hard time controlling his animals. He's probably milking one of his cows, be patient my honeycombs."

Hope & Natsu both huff and Kazumi is throwing a green plastic ball against the wall in boredom. It has been several weeks or months since they were last at their home or seen their father. Even if life was much better here, the kids were still afraid to do anything because of their fear of their father.

Although they didn't complain, June knew the children weren't going to do much to enjoy themselves properly. Unlike Danki, her other four children were very obedient at young ages and only knew a certain set of rules they followed because their father was so strict. June wishes it wasn't like that, for them to be afraid to enjoy their childhood.

Their innocence was so amazing that June couldn't believe that these kids lived with Muzan but nevertheless, they still were obedient.

Just as she's in her thoughts, the wooden door is slammed out and a tired Yuta enters. His black follicles stick to the wet forehead, a hatchet loosely in his left hand while his other holds a bucket of milk freshly from his cows. "I hope I didn't take too long?"

"You took forever!" Myoi and Natsu say in unison and the male chuckles all while being followed by the four children. Yuta gives a quick peck to his sister's cheek, then to the kitchen to set down the milk to prepare for dinner and maybe try something new? He wasn't sure yet.

"Okay so...! What does everyone want?" His soothing voice booms out in the kitchen and the children are all shouting out different dishes for their uncle and mother make. Yuta chuckles and shakes his head. "Tonight it's just going to be me cooking. Your mother needs some alone time."

June gives a confused look to her elder brother and he simply pops out his tongue in a playful way. "So tell me, what's the dishes again?" June the realizes what the male is doing, distracting her children. Even though he wears a joyful smile, he made a gesture for his sister to sneak away from them and do whatever she desired. June shakes her head, but still sneakily removes herself from the five and into the fresh air. The stench of hay lingers the air and the chickens silently cluck as the moon rises down, the domestic animals all in their wooden homes attempting to sleep.

The animals made it look so easy to sleep and June envied them at this moment, how desperate she pleaded to sleep as peacefully and carefree like the animals they ate. She lets out a light laugh before bending down to crisscross on the cold patio, she rubs her long sleeves together to an attempt to warm them up a little more. June couldn't believe that she was feeling jealousy from farm animals instead of women who were happy with their families, so unbelievable.

At this point, June just envied anything that looked slightly more happy then her and that included even her own children sometimes. Yes it sounded childish and frankly weird, but she couldn't help that itch to be angry at the world for being so bright. Why couldn't her life be that way? Why does her world look so gloom?

All these "why's" and no answer to it. There was no one to answer the desperate questions that were filled with pain and betrayal, because that's just how cruel the world, no, the gods were to her. They probably hated her entire being for being a human in love with a man who defined time, killed thousands and causes nothing but tragedy. Yep... they most definitely did hate her for that reason.

So why couldn't no one protect her from the gods wrath? If Muzan was a god like he claimed he was, why couldn't he protect her from the other gods? Protect her from all the humiliation she faced or the judgement she was meet with when she was married? Protect her children from the abuse, sicknesses, near death?

Why? Why? Why? Why?

Where was his protection? For his wife? For his children? For the sake of his families happiness?

His protection went to himself.

Muzan protected himself before he will do anyone else... and June couldn't even cry at that fact.