Lottie

Ellie was sat in her and Lottie's room fiddling with her star pillow. She heard her tummy rumble ' urgh what's taking Lottie so long I'm absolutely STARVING!' Ellie moaned. Suddenly she heard a hurried knock on the door. "Final-" Ellie said as she opened the door, only to realise it was not Lottie, instead it was a rather worried looking Percy. " Percy!? What's up?" Ellie blurted out. Percy signed to Ellie "Jamie, he told me to get you, Lottie is in trouble". Ellie felt a wave of dread drown her. " Take me to them" Ellie ordered to Percy who immediately ran down the hall. Ellie ran after him.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jamie held Lottie in his arms anger, sadness, worry, so many emotions taking over him. He could feel tears building up in his eyes, blurring his vision. He couldn't let them escape, that wasn't who he was. "Lottie, wake up, please..." Jamie whispered resting her hand in his hand. Suddenly he heard people running to the café. Ellie. He looked up at her. Ellie immediately kneeled beside him and Lottie " what happened? is she ok? who did it?" Ellie said tears running down her face. Jamie looked her in the eye " I don't know, she ate the banana slice and then started to shake and collapsed" his voice quivered as he said it. Ellie notice he was holding Lottie's hand but pretended she hadn't. "I'll go get a nurse" she said. " no need, Raphael went as soon as it happened" Jamie reassured her. As if on cue the nurse and Raphael came hurrying in. By now everyone in the café was crowded round Lottie, horrified.

" make way, make way everyone, go back to your dorms" the nurse said as she hurried towards Lottie on the floor. " I'm going to need your help in getting her to my room" she said looking Jamie in the eye. He nodded, scooping Lottie up as if she were his bride. Her arm hung dead, dangling to the floor, her head leant to one side.

Ellie reached for the other banana slice. " Ellie don't, it could be dangerous" Jamie shouted out to her. She jumped and placed it back down. " Jamie, I'm absolutely going to die of starvation!" she said hugging her empty tummy. "you can finish my lunch, its good" Jamie replied a small smirk appearing on his face. Ellie snatched it taking a bite " mmmmm thanks Jam Jam" Ellie said acting like she'd just entered heaven. "never call me that again" Jamie called out as he carried Lottie out the room.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once laid out on the nurse's bed, Lottie sprung open, panting, mouth gagged, her eyes darting round the room before she threw up blood. Jamie ran over too her and held her hand " Lottie! Let me get the nurse, she just left to get you some medicine" Jamie said looking her up and down in pure worry. "Jamie... please stay with me" Lottie said before suddenly gasping for air and then throwing more blood up. Jamie still held her hand, he used his sleeve to wipe her mouth. "ok, I'll stay" Jamie said. Lottie looked up into his eyes full of concern before she shut her eyes and blanked out.

Jamie's head was spinning. She's throwing up blood. She is throwing up blood. His gaze looked to the door praying that the nurse would walk through. He looked back at Lottie, her eyes shut, head tilted to one side, her rosy cheeks had been replaced with a pale green. Her hand went limp in his hand.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The nurse walked through the door carrying a box full of medicine.  She glanced at Lottie blood all over her, she looked horrible. She darted over to Lottie, feeling her forehead, it was burning hot " what happened!" she asked. Jamie looked at her " she ... she started throwing up blood and then passed out again" he replied trying to hide how weak he was feeling. The nurse went white " she's burning up, let me feel her pulse righ- " The nurse felt for a pulse but only found a slowing down beat. She ran over to the phone. "999 what's your emergency?" Jamie heard the phone say. He froze. Then he felt for Lottie's heart beat, there was barely anything. Why was he caring so much, he should be thinking about Ellie.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ellie and Percy were sat outside the nurse's room. Raphael had gone to get Anastasia, Saskia, Lola and Micky. Jamie came hurrying out " Ellie stay here, I'm going to go show the ambulance people where to go". Ellie's heart stopped, what had happened in the room right in front of her? How had Lottie got worse? Ellie nodded to Jamie before bursting into tears. At this point all her friends joined her and Percy. "Merde, why the hell is Jamie running down the hallway?" Anastacia asked. Percy signed to her and the others what Jamie had just said. Lola started sobbing, Micky shoved a lollipop in her mouth to shut her up. Anastasia gasped before running to Ellie and giving her the tightest hug, Ellie cried onto her shoulder, Saskia ruffled Ellie's hair.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- In the hospital everyone looked dull. No one said a thing. All they could see was many doctors and nurses running in and out of Lottie's room. Ellie was trying to think how it could of happened then suddenly it hit her. 'Leviathan had put the Hamelin Formula into her food'. How could it have had that bad effect though? They had obviously added something else. Why did they want to harm Lottie? She was the "princess" Ellie thought Lottie was important to them. ' maybe I was meant to eat that instead' Ellie's head filled with realization. A pang of guilt hit her. 'its all your fault' Ellie thought to herself. 

She looked up at Jamie, he was fiddling with the charm bracelet Lottie had given him whilst tapping his foot on the floor. She walked over to the chair next to him and explained what she think is the reason. Jamie stayed silent, still fiddling with the bracelet. "we have to end Leviathan" Jamie said looking Ellie straight in the eye. Ellie nodded not breaking their eye contact.

"excuse me? Are you Jamie?" A doctor asked. "Yes" Jamie nodded. " is she ok, can we see her, did you find what it was?" Ellie blurted the doctor sounding like she could cry. " she is improving, she has requested to see Jamie and then we will see if she wants anymore visitors" the doctor replied. Jamie felt a fuzzy feeling inside him, butterflies flapping their wings. Lottie had requested to see him? He stood up and followed the doctor not daring to look back at Ellie.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ As Jamie entered the room he heard the rhythm of a steady heartbeat on the monitors, relief swept through him. He looked at Lottie. Her curls sprawled across the pillow, an oxygen mask strap leaving a dent in the flow of her hair. Many liquids, monitors, tubes were connected to her. Lottie turned her head to face Jamie and she smiled weakly. He walked over to her and sat in the chair next to the bed. "Jamie... I...I'm sorry" Lottie reached for his hand as she said it. Jamie felt a tear roll down his face, he quickly turned stern and cold, back to how he was." Why are you sorry Lottie? None of this is your fault... I'm gonna kill Leviathan when I see them" Jamie spoke not realising he said the last bit aloud." I'm sorry, you shouldn't be here, you should be at rosewood protecting Ellie... I'm distracting you" Lottie started crying as she said it, her tears outlining the gas mask she wore to breath. She removed the mask and pulled Jamie's hand to her lips and kissed it before she fell asleep. Jamie pulled the mask over her mouth to help steady her breathing before leaving the room. His thoughts were all over the place. Although he new she was right, she was distracting him, he didn't feel bad about it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Ellie saw Jamie leave the room, his face caught the light and she could see a wet streak down his cheek. Ellie smiled at him as he wiped his cheek. "she's asleep" Jamie said as he sat down again next to Ellie.