Jamie and Lottie

Lottie lay in her mum's old bed, looking up at the ceiling. She couldn't sleep, not with everything occupying her mind. She turned over and unplugged her phone, turning it on to see loads of messages from everyone. Quickly ignoring them, she tapped on Jamie's profile photo and sighed. She needed his help, she needed to stop Leviathan before they ruined everything she had spent her rosewood years building. 

Jamie couldn't sleep either, hearing everyone else's faint snores made him feel even more restless. Beside him, his phone pinged. Checking to see no one had waken, he picked it up, it was from Lottie. Jamie, it read, I know you probably don't want to talk to me right now but... I want to stop Leviathan before I completely destroy Ellie's future, please help me, I understand if you don't want to, Lottie xx. Jamie's heart was racing, Lottie still wanted him to help? Quickly he replied: of course, where the hell are you? 

Lottie watched as Jamie's icon read 'typing' before his reply came through. Now wide awake she told him about her mother's cottage. I'm not tired, I think I'm going to do it tonight. Lottie thought a lot before sending this but she decided, the sooner the better, they had the information is was just a matter of when they were going to announce it. Jamie agreed to it, he too, not feeling the need to sleep.

Jamie quietly crept out of his bed, carful not to wake anyone, before dressing into his training clothes and pulling a hoodie over the top. Quickly, he snuck out the door, slowly shutting it behind him. Lottie did the same, running out the house with her phone in her hands, open on her and Jamie's conversation. call me, she texted before looking both ways on the road and crossing. There was no one out, only late night drinkers and 24/7 petrol stations were around, the street lamps glowing a orangey yellow light over the streets below. 

"Hello?" Jamie asked, Lottie voice immediately replying "Jamie?". "What's the plan?" Jamie asked with a smile, his dorm key swinging around in his hand. Lottie took a deep sigh "well it's very dangerous, breaks about a hundred rules and is super stupid but... it's the best if got". Jamie listened carefully to the plan, looking around for the path they had followed after escaping the leviathan manor. "That is going to be hard" he laughed. Lottie laughed as well "it will end them for good and proper, no more people to run it, all their supplies gone... but it's your dad, we don't have to". Jamie looked around "we can put him in jail, yeah, we'll free him before we absolutely destroy his business". Lottie nodded even though he wouldn't know, "Great, I can see the path now, how about you?". Jamie checked around for any path "not yet, you keep going, I will run in and get Claude, you can full fill the plan whilst I call the police to come take my... dad, away". 

Lottie hung up, before pacing her walk into a jog, quickly into a sprint. Where was she going to find all the supplies she needed? Jamie finally found the path, the path leading to the end of trouble, finally. Lottie could see the building ahead as she took a break, gasping for air. It was quicker going this way, the path leading down hill instead of up. She tied back her hair before heading towards the tall grey building that was only to familiar. For a final time, she looked behind her, to check if there was any sign of Jamie, nothing. Taking a deep breath, she crept through the front doors.

Jamie ran down the path as quickly as possible, soon enough, reaching the building. Where would Claude be? He quietly crept through the front door, trying to prevent its creak from attracting any attention. Everyone must be asleep, he thought as the darkness surrounded him. With his phone's torch, he wandered down the corridors, signs on the doors indicating what room was in front of him. Soon enough he found the door titled 'Claude Wolfson'. 

Lottie crept down the stairs leading to the floor titled 'storage'. "It has to be in here" Lottie whispered to herself as she shuffled through the random supplies on the shelves, her phone in her hand providing her only light. Lottie flipped through heaps of folders, Bottles, walky talkies, tape before finding what she needed. Matchsticks. "Aha!" She whispered, holding them up before running out of the room as quickly as she had come. 

Jamie held a pair of handcuffs he had found on the second floor in his hands as he opened the door. Inside he could Claude fast asleep in his velvet bed, his loud snores filling the room. Jamie looked at him, his own father, as he held the handcuffs. He knew he was doing the right thing but all the same, it hurt. "Who's there?" Claude muffled, opening his eyes. Jamie turned his torch light on himself as he crept towards his father "me". Claude sat up, still sleepy. Jamie took hold of his arms and quickly buckled the handcuffs around his fathers hands. "I'm sorry dad, I wish it didn't have to be like this but, you deserve it" Jamie whispered as he hauled his dad out the room. Claude stayed absolutely silent, his sleepiness still not gone as Jamie led him out the building. 

Lottie couldn't see Jamie anywhere but she had heard the front door shut quietly as a chain rattled. Not knowing if he was in or out, Lottie nervously lit her match, placing it on top of all of Leviathan's files of paper. Quickly she ran out of the room dropping another match on her way out before leaving the building for her final time. Panic began to rise in her chest as she searched for Jamie and Claude, still no sight of them.

Jamie watched as the bottom floor of the building went up in flames. Worried, he looked for Lottie but she was no where to be seen. Hands shaking, he called the police to arrest Claude, also asking for fire fighters to come but he knew the building will have burnt everything inside by the time they arrived and they would only be making sure it didn't spread to trees. "Get off me" Claude grunted from beside him, struggling against the hand cuffs. Jamie pulled a tighter grip, pocketing his phone away. 

Lottie could hear sirens coming closer and she then knew, Jamie had made it out. Letting out a laugh of relief and excitement, she watched the police and firefighters file in. The building in front of her was already up in flames entirely  and no one had managed to escape. She felt guilty but she knew, it was either them who died or innocent lives who had the world to see. Following the last of the police, she finally saw Jamie, handing over Claude. She knew that one move would have been hard but she could see, he was happy. 

Jamie turned to face Lottie, stood in the distance. Instantly, she began to run towards him, a big smile on her face. "We did it" she laughed in delight before pressing her lips on his, wrapping her arms around his neck. Jamie stumbled back a few steps, laughing into her mouth before returning the kiss. "We did it" he replied, pulling away.