Nothing is ever normal.

Raphael woke up to sun beaming onto his face through his shutters, causing him to squint. He got up and got ready before heading to breakfast. He had always been an early riser. As he walked down the corridor he could sense something wasn't right. The sight he saw when he turned the corner was horrifying. There, slumped against the wall, was Jamie. Raphael ran towards him feeling his heartbeat, it was still beating. Relieved, Raphael pulled him into a fireman's lift to the nurse's room. Dry blood falling onto the floor as he walked. 

Lottie was sat reading in bed when she heard a gasp outside the dorm sounding awfully like Raphael. She opened the door slightly, careful not to wake up Ellie, no one was there. It must be a few corridors down, she thought, whilst slamming her book shut and placing it on her desk. Lottie walked into the bathroom and looked at the mirror, looking at her refection. She looked happier, which she guessed was Jamie's doing. Although he was still cold and had his barriers, she could tell he was softening. She washed her face, applied a small amount of makeup and braided her hair. She scanned her wardrobe with neatly ironed clothes hung up on hangers. She decided on wearing blue dungarees with a plain white crop top, thank god it was the weekend, she couldn't stand wearing the uniform for another day. She pulled on her light pink trainers and exited the dorm. Her mind took her to  Jamie's dorm, for what reason she did not know, but she was grateful it did.

Lottie knocked on Jamie's door, no reply, she called out "Jamie, its me Lottie" still no reply. She pulled a hairpin out of her hair and slotted it into the lock. She needed to check if Jamie was ok. She opened the door slowly and peeped her head round the door, no one. She looked over to Jamie's bed, it was the same as how she had left it the night before, a note she had written to him saying thank you still folded up on his pillow. Weird. Lottie left the room, shutting the door behind her. Where was Jamie?

Suddenly she heard running down the corridor, it was Saskia. "LOTTIE!! oh my god, Jamie,never mind, you need to come with me" Saskia yelled. Lottie's mind was racing, what the hell had happened?! Ellie came round the corner "what the hell is going on?". Ellie and Lottie chased Saskia through the school, not caring if they bumped people as they passed. Saskia stopped outside the nurse's room. Lottie's heart stopped. Her eyes glistened with tears. "Saskia? what happened?!" she shrieked, her voice wobbled as her tears tried to break free. Ellie squeezed Lottie's hand, letting her know she was there for her. Saskia's words came out fast but Lottie picked up enough to cause her to run towards the door to the nurse's office. Lottie paused, collecting herself before knocking.

The nurse welcomed Lottie in before shutting the door behind her. Lottie looked to the bed in front of her, Jamie. He was lying  on his back, arms either side of him. His neck had a blood stained flannel on it covering up the wound. His face was blotchy, a mix of his olive skin and purple bruises. He was still unconscious. Lottie felt tears flood down her face as she ran over to him, grabbing his hand before collapsing into the chair behind her. 

An hour later, Ellie entered the room. Lottie was sat in the chair next to Jamie's bed, head resting on the bed, asleep. She was holding his hand. Ellie smiled before leaving the room again. As she shut the door behind her Binah ran up to Ellie and hugged her "I'm sorry, I heard what happened" Binah whispered. Ellie smiled "I'm ok Binah".

Only Jamie knew what had given him the damage, but he was unconscious. All everyone could do was wait for the answers.

Jamie slowly opened his eyes. It was around five in the evening and Lottie was still asleep next to him, had been since half eight in the morning. He looked around him only to see the girl he had learned to love asleep next to him, holding his hand. She had waited with him. He pulled her hand to his lips and kissed it before looking the glass window in the door. All his friends were arriving. The nurse saw Jamie awake and smiled before walking over to the window and shutting the blind "don't worry about what's going on out there... how are you feeling?" the nurse said, looking at Jamie. His gaze cut away from the blind covered window to the nurse. He went to talk but felt his throat burn as he did, he shut his mouth and went for a hand gesture that said 'ok'. The nurse came over to him "your cut will take a while to heal, but it wont hurt in a few hours as I got this pain killer for you to take" she said as she handed him a small brown pill. Jamie took the pill from the nurse "its a pill you suck" she added. Jamie nodded before plopping it into his mouth, a taste of mouldy bread filled his mouth urgh.

He lay in his bed, cringing at the horrible taste in his mouth. Lottie started to waken up. She stretched and squinted her eyes open. As soon as she saw Jamie was awake she flung into his embrace "Jamie? I'm so glad your ok" she whispered. Jamie laughed as she clung onto him. He wrapped his arms around her and they just lay there until Lottie pulled away, wanting to examine his injuries. "your neck! Jamie what happened to you?" Lottie gasped. Before Jamie could even let her know he couldn't talk yet she carried on "and your face.. your stomach... oh Jamie" Lottie started crying as she held onto his hand. He let go of her hand, instead wiping away her tears before grabbing her hand again. The nurse came over "ah Lottie, good your awake... Jamie, because of his wound, can't talk at the moment, but in a few days it should have healed enough to let him talk". Lottie nodded at the nurse before looking Jamie in the eyes, tears still rolling down her cheek. Jamie squeezed her hand, a sign he was ok.

Jamie And LottieOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara