We're all in this together

Lottie sunk to the floor, sitting down on the pebbled path. "No, this isn't my fault, how can she say that, it's no ones fault, I am in no wrong" she muttered to herself, drying her tears. She wasn't exactly crying at the comments made in her room. She was letting out everything she had been holding in, everything she had hidden to try and comfort the others. She knew Ellie had done the same, back in her room, just handled it in a different way. 

As the night sky started to fill with heavy clouds, Lottie shivered, hugging herself for warmth. She wasn't ready to go back in yet. Everything was moving so quickly she never got a break like this. Lottie looked down at her feet and kicked of her pumps, throwing them in front of her. Feeling the fresh air against her feet, she wrapped her hands around them, hugging herself close. Looking around herself, she studied the plants, letting her thoughts leave her.  A few drops of rain fell onto the leaves, trailing along its stem until it dropped onto the floor. The rain quickened it's pace until it was pouring. 

Lottie stayed sat down, feeling the rain hammer down on her, drenching her hair and clothes. The small amount of mascara she had applied started to smudge but she didn't care. She didn't feel the need to care anymore. She needed to let go.

After a while, Lottie started to shiver again, the coldness of the rain finally getting to her. She stood up, collecting her shoes in her hand and ran. She ran through the grass, splashed through the puddles and brushed past wet bushes, spraying her with more cold water. In an opening she span around, letting her arms spin around beside her. Letting out a laugh of relief she ran on, not wiping the smile off her face. All traces of Leviathan left her, she was free. 

Once she had reached the palace building, the warmness of it glowing through the doors, she crept through, dripping from the rain water, her mascara smudged down her face. The dress she had worn stuck to her body, her hair curly hair lay straight, the rain water giving it a shine. She looked around, realising she was going to have to drip her dirty water and trudge her muddy feet throughout the palace if she was going to get anywhere. 

"The you are Lottie, been looking everywhere for you... my goodness, where have you been?! It's time for you medicine" a palace maiden said, ushering her to the kitchens. "I'll just trudge dirt throughout the palace" Lottie said, keeping where she was. "Oh don't worry, the cleaners will be glad there's finally a satisfying job to clean" the maiden smiled, continuing to walk. Lottie shrugged before following her, her bare feet pattering against the stone floor. 

Once they reached the kitchens, Lottie was handed her medicine, along with a hot cup of tea. "What were you thinking, going out in the rain, your still on blooming medication" her nurse said, wrapping a towel around her. "I'm sorry, it just, it was like a kind of therapy, I finally was free of everything going on and was on my own" Lottie replies, smiling her big smile. She knew herself and her friends could do it, they could beat leviathan, no matter how hard it was. The nurse didn't look convinced but simply nodded before taking away her medicine and putting it back in the cupboard. 

"Lottie?" Ellie said, running into the room, closely followed by Jamie. "Oh Lottie I'm so sorry, I didn't mean it I was si-" Ellie started, cut off by Lottie. "Hey, it's fine, I forgive you" she said, giving them both a big smile. "But... I, you" Ellie was startled, s]certain Lottie would be mad at her. "Where the hell did you go? We were looking everywhere for you, your soaked!" Ellie continued, the rain hammering in the window. "Just some fresh air" Lottie replied, taking a sip of her tea, wrapping her hands around the warm mug. 

Lottie stood up, leaving the towel behind and thanked the nurse. "We all needed to let our emotions out, we all did it in different ways" Lottie shrugged, both her friends looking at her in worry. Ellie ran forward and hugged her, squealing her tight "I love you so much Ellie" Lottie smiled, hugging her back. "I love you too" Ellie whispered into her neck, not pulling away. Lottie looked up at Jamie who simply nodded at her, giving her an admirable smile. Lottie smiled at him, hugging Ellie close to her, these were the friends she'd always needed. "You're wet" Ellie muttered, pulling away. Lottie laughed "you don't say?" Which made them all laugh even more. 

"Please don't be mad" Ellie pleaded as they made their way to Lottie's room. "Why would I be mad?" Lottie laughed but Ellie's worried face stayed planted on her face. "What have you done?"Lottie asked, rolling her eyes. Jamie opened the door to her room making eye contact with Ellie. Lottie hesitantly walked into her room. "Woah I'm so mad, literally can't see a single change in here" Lottie laughed turning around to see Ellie holding a plastic bag. "I got a bit angry and um, we'll I broke your vase you made with Binah" she said, holding out the bag. Lottie took the bag and slowly peered inside. "Meh, didn't really like the design anyway" she shrugged, before dumping it in her trash can. "You're mirrors going to be replaced" Ellie added, looking to the cracked mirror on the wall. "You are a strong girl aren't yah? Lottie said, shocked at how she managed to break it.

"You're not mad?" Ellie choked. "No, silly" Lottie replied, giving Ellie another, needed hug. Ellie let out a big breath she had apparently been holding this hole time, sinking into Lottie's embrace. Jamie smiled, rolling his eyes at Ellie. Lottie returned the rolling eyes, a silent conversation between the two of them. Jamie looked at the floor, trying not to laugh to which Lottie let out a giggle. Ellie pulled away "what are you two laughing at?" she asked, Jamie now laughing at Lottie's bad attempt at hiding her laughter. "Absolutely nothing, call us comedians" Lottie replied, hugging her arm around Jamie's waist. Ellie rolled her eyes "I'm going to bed" she replies. Jamie smiles, wrapping his arm around Lottie's shoulder and pulling her into a side hug. Lottie yawns, falling into Jamie's embrace "another day complete" she whispers.