Nightmare

Idea from: @truewind101, thank you 😊 

Later that night, Lottie tossed in her bed, struggling to sleep. The duvet that had once been neatly covering her body, crumbled to the side of her, hanging of the side of her bed. She built up into a sweat from the hot air around her.

Someone was behind her, someone was watching her. She spun around, only to see Ingrid dragging Ellie away into the darkness. She tried to run after them but her feet were glued to the floor, her voice was only a whisper. Her dad joined her, giving her an evil grin, "come, your living with me now, no more fun and games for you". Lottie watched as Jamie grew more distant, unable to close the gap. Her dad brought her to Claude Wolfson, "Old friend, my daughter has come to live with us" Lottie's dad laughed, shoving Lottie to join Leviathan. Everyone in the room began to laugh at her, "worthless", "ugly", "stupid", "weak" they called out. The laughter died out and Lottie's eyes burst open, her breathing quickened to a pant. It was just a dream. 

She collected her duvet back over her and closed her eyes, slowing down her breathing. The blankness of the moment was interrupted as she fell asleep. She opened the black door in-front of her, only to see Jamie and another, more beautiful girl, kissing. She tried to turn away but all she could do was watch. She tossed over, letting outing a moan. Ellie appeared, instantly taking in Lottie's presence and starting a fight "you betrayed us, we never liked you, all of this is because of you' she yelled, Jamie quickly joining her. Lottie could only watch, hatred towards her shone in both their eyes. "We're better without you" Jamie laughed, taking the girls hand in his. Lottie let out a pant, rolling over again as she built into another sweat. "You're now part of Leviathan" Ellie spat, closing the door in her face. Lottie was left in darkness before a hand reached out to her. "Come, we have work to do" Claude smiled, Lottie giving an evil grin back before they walked off. They entered the room once again and Claude stabbed both Ellie and Jamie before both himself and Lottie broke into a laugh building up and building up before they filled the room.

"Lottie? Lottie?" Jamie leaned over Lottie's body, looking down on her with worried eyes. When he saw that she was awake, he turned on her bedside light. Lottie sat up, breathing heavily as she looked around the room. Jamie sat down besides her, taking her hand which had become all clammy. "You're ok" Jamie whispered, pulling her into a hug. Lottie gratefully fell into his embrace, her eyes becoming watery. 

Jamie felt her breathing slow down to a steady rhythm as he held her close. "I'm sorry, I woke you up" Lottie whispered, fiddling with his fingers intwined with hers. "Lottie, stop apologising, ok? I was awake anyway" he replied, stroking back her hair as he looked around her room, her fragrance sitting heavy in the air. "Thank you" Lottie said, resting her head against his chest. "All I can see is him" she whispers, looking over to the armchair Hansel sat in, Ellie's present sitting on the floor next to it. Jamie looks over to where she too, was looking , "Come with me, you need some fresh air" he offered, holding her hand tightly as he hauled her up.

Jamie led Lottie to the flower garden, which was well hidden from view. Lottie looked around at the stars, spotting a few constellations, the crescent moon still shining bright. She looked at Jamie, feeling so much love for him as he held her hand. She pecked his cheek getting a sheepish smile from him before resting her head on his shoulder. "Everything's so peaceful and beautiful at night" she sighed, wrapping her arm round his. "Everything" Jamie repeated, looking down at Lottie. She could feel his attention and met his gaze, instantly smiling. Jamie leaned down, closing the gap between them and pressed his lips against hers. Lottie smiled against his lips, his kiss as soft as a feather. 

After a while, they made their way back to the palace, walking in a comfortable silence. Once they were finally inside, Jamie picked Lottie into a piggy back before trudging down  the corridor. Lottie yawned, wrapping her arms around Jamie's neck as he held onto the underside of her legs. He carried her into his room and lowered her onto the floor before closing the door behind him. "Don't worry, I haven't got an armchair in the corner of my room for him to sit on" Jamie laughed, wrapping his arms around her neck as she pulls a frown. Lottie smiled, looking up at him before pulling him down onto his bed, both of them grunting as they land on the mattress. Their eyes meet before they both start cracking up, trying to stifle their laugh so they don't wake up the nearby rooms. 

"We should get some sleep" Jamie eventually whispered, pulling the duvet over them. Lottie nodded in agreement, letting out a yawn as she helped cover them both with his duvet. "I love you" Lottie said, leaning up to kiss Jamie's jaw line before resting her head on his chest. "I love you to" Jamie replies, kissing her head before letting out a sigh and nuzzling into her hair. Lottie smiled before closing her eyes and going off to sleep.