Rosewood

So much had happened over the half term break. Lottie sat at the edge of Jamie's bed, thinking about how long ago all the school life felt. Everyone else had already gone back but due to recent events, the three of them had been allowed an extra week away. Jamie sat, kneeled on the floor, packing up his bag ready for the following term. 

"I'm going to miss it here" Lottie sighed, falling back onto his bed with truffles close to her chest. "We'll be back before you know it" Jamie laughed, standing up to collect his textbooks from his cupboard. Lottie smiled to herself, she knew he was right, the time flies by when you're having fun and Rosewood would ensure they felt that. "No more armchair" Lottie sighed in relief earning a snort from Jamie before they both broke into laughter. 

"Lottie, can you come help me decide what shoes to bring?" Ellie asked, busting into the room, breaking up the laughter. "Sure" Lottie sighed letting out a final giggle before leaving the room. "I have so many vans but I feel like I need a variety but I have no idea what to choose, you see, they all go well with the outfits I chose so-" Ellie was cut off by Lottie "honestly Ellie, you'd think I had asked". Ellie bit her bottom lip in embarrassment. "I love you Ellie" Lottie laughed, bringing her into a side hug. Ellie grunted before returning the hug "love you too" she muttered.

Once everyone's bags were packed, Lottie, Ellie and Jamie made their way to the palace's exit, saying goodbye to everyone they passed. The king and queen stood by the huge oak doors, ready to see them off. 'There you are, all ready to go?" The queen smiled, looking at three of them as if they were all her own. "Yes, thank you" Lottie replied. "Mum, I want to go" Ellie moaned as the queen kissed her head and gave her a goodbye hug. The king stood to the side, giving orders to Jamie about being Ellie's partisan. "Mum, you're embarrassing me" Ellie muttered, tumbling out of her mum's embrace. "So glad to see you don't want to leave" The queen said, sharing eye contact with Lottie as if to say 'that girl'. Lottie let out a laugh, patting Ellie's head "there, there Ellie, it's ok, we'll be back before you know it". Ellie glanced at Lottie, giving her the death stare "don't say that" she grunted. 

"Now remember, you can't get to distracted with everything, your job is to protect Ellie and her true identity" the king ordered, looking between Lottie and Jamie. "Yes sir" they both replied, bowing down slightly. "Now off you go, you're plane will be waiting" the queen said, hurrying them out the doors. All three of them stumbled quickly down the stairs, down to where their plane was waiting. Ellie ran ahead "Get me out of here" she yelled to the pilot who simply laughed, opening up the door for her to get in. Jamie and Lottie followed, slipping into the seats opposite Ellie. "Buckle up kiddos, this is gonna be a long ride" the pilot announced, starting up the engine. 

Ellie quickly buckled herself in, trying to hurry up the time until take off. Jamie did the same, Lottie however, sat struggling to get it to click, laughing in frustration before letting out a huff and giving up. Jamie rolled his eyes, taking her seatbelt and buckling her in. Once the pilot had heard all three clicks of their seatbelt, he started to drive down the runway field. Ellie pulled out her iPod, plugging her headphones in before jamming to her music. Lottie sat, staring out the window, watching Maradova disappear under the clouds. Jamie fiddled with his arm rest, pulling it in and out as he watched the clouds form different shapes. 

"It's weird to think everyone's already there" Lottie sighed, taking her glance away from her window, instead, on Jamie. Jamie nodded, looking her in the eyes "well it's not the weirdest thing in our life is it?" he said, stretching his arms up and wrapping one around Lottie's neck. "No, I suppose it's not" Lottie laughed, resting her head on his shoulder.

"Prepare for landing" the pilot ordered, changing the gear of the airplane. "Lottie, wake up" Jamie whispered, shaking her sleeping body which was leaning against him. Lottie slowly lifted her head up, looking at Jamie through squinting eyes "hmm?". Jamie smiled "we're about to land". Ellie had taken off her headphones and was watching out the window. "I love this bit where your stomach gets left behind when we swoop down" Ellie sighed, leaning back in her chair. "Your a weirdo" Lottie mumbled, grabbing Jamie's hand as she sat up, "this bits horrible". Ellie rolled her eyes, still looking out her window. The plane started to go down causing Ellie to let out a laugh in delight. Lottie scrunched her nose, willing the moment to be over as Jamie sat calmly, holding her hand.

"Need any help taking your bags in?" The pilot asked, opening the door for them to clamber out. "No thank you" Ellie replies, hopping out. "Thanks for the ride" Lottie adds, taking his hand for help as she clambers down. "No problem sweetheart" he replies, giving Jamie a nod as he clambered out. 

As they wheeled their bags closer to Rosewood's gates, Lottie spots a black figure watching them. Before she could even make out what it was, they had gone. She shook her head, re-adjusting her grip on her suitcase before picking up her pace to catch up with the others. "We're finally home" Ellie exhaled, looking up at the huge brick building stood in front of them, roses covering most of its walls. 

All three of them echoed their footsteps as they made their way to reception. 'Hello, you three" the receptionist smiled, looking up from her computer. "Hi" they each replied, bringing their suitcases to a hault Infront of her desk. "Slight change of dorm plans, for safety reasons, the Maravich family have requested that your whole friend group share a dorm so you can keep an eye out" the receptionist exclaimed, handing them each an identical key. Lottie, Jamie and Ellie each exchange confused looks before following the receptionist down the corridor. Lottie turns to look out the window, only to see the same black figure staring through, quickly disappearing just like before. "Come on Lottie, keep up" Ellie called out from infront. Lottie turned away from the window, following after the others.

'Here you are, timetables are on your beds, lessons start tomorrow for you along with the others, today you can just settle in" the receptionist said, standing outside of the dorm room 146 before walking away. "This is so weird" Lottie said, preparing herself to see everyone's beds all in the same room. "Very" Ellie agreed, opening the door with her key. They walked into a room full of ten beds, five on each side. From each of their decorations she could tell whose was whose immediately. Binah's was a jungle, Anastacia's was boujie, Saskia's was scruffy, Lola and Mickey's were sweet land, Raphael's was pink and Percy's was plain grey. The beds remaining were plain and empty. Ellie's timetable was sat on the bed in between  Saskia and Binah's. Lottie and Jamie's were next to each other, Jamie next to Percy. "We're going to get no work done sharing a room with this lot" Lottie moaned, sitting down on the edge of her bed. "We'll just have to keep here as where we sleep, we'll work else where" Jamie added, picking up his time table to read over it. "We have the whole day to chill" Ellie sighed, trust falling onto her bed.