The fight

Ellie was sat at a lunch table with all her friends other than Jamie and Lottie. Last night Jamie had taken Lottie away somewhere but Lottie never returned. Percy had signed to her that Lottie had been in Jamie's bed when he had woken up, which had thrilled everyone to bits. "finallyyy" Anastacia had said, "took them some time " Saskia muttered, smiling.

Everyone was talking about the upcoming tests, how ridiculous the questions were. "I don't think I'll have anymore brain cells by the time I don't have to have history lessons anymore" Raphael moaned. He was always such a drama queen. "Look, there's Lottie and Jamie!" Lola said, interrupting the conversation. Ellie turned to face the doorway to see her two best friends hand in hand, struggling to keep their eyes open.

Lottie and Jamie sat down at the table next to Ellie. "mornin'" Ellie sang, beaming. Lottie nodded before falling asleep on Jamie's shoulder. This caused everyone to giggle, including Jamie. Lottie jerked awake, looking around at her friends "huh, did I miss something?" she asked. Ellie placed her head in her hands "dear, dear Lottie what are we going to do with- oh for heavens sake, why does she keep falling asleep?". Lottie had nodded of, collapsing onto the table, banging her head. Micky flinched "ouch" he mouthed. 

The rest of the afternoon passed with Lottie barely keeping her eyes open, Jamie struggled but new if he fell asleep he wouldn't be able to keep Ellie safe. Everyone ate dinner together, Ellie sat in between Lottie and Jamie. "so guys, what happened last night?" Ellie asked. Lottie felt her cheeks burn as she looked to Jamie who had a sense of panic in his eyes. She could feel everyone in the group look to her and Jamie, simply intrigued. Lottie looked Jamie in the eye "we just cleared everything up as you know we'd ... been a bit distant with each other, had a discussion... um.." Lottie didn't want to make Jamie uncomfortable by mentioning the kiss so she stuttered, beating round the bush. "Lottie fell asleep so I took her to your dorm Ellie but realised I couldn't get in and didn't want to wake anyone up so I took her to my room..." Jamie added, still keeping eye contact with Lottie. Lottie smiled at him, showing her gratefulness for him stepping in. Ellie wasn't convinced but simply nodded. She felt hurt for she felt like her two best friends were keeping something from her.

After everyone had eaten, they left their table, heading back to their dorms. Lottie hugged Jamie good night before turning to Ellie, they left for their dorm. Jamie got up and left for his dorm, walking down the corridors of the school, squeezing past big groups of people. Once he was on his own he started to whistle the tune to 'beauty and the beast'. A rustle sound echoed behind him. He stopped whistling, whipping his head round to see who was there. No one. His partisan instincts kicked in. He quickly dived behind a pillar and watched to see if anyone would come out of a hiding place, still no one. Jamie ripped off his shoe, throwing it down the corridor, making it sound like he was walking away. A figure snuck from behind a cupboard,  dressed in all black. Ingrid. Jamie felt his blood boil, anger steaming out his ears. Why wouldn't she leave them alone?

Ingrid turned to face a pillar, swearing she had heard a quite growl. Suddenly Jamie pounced out punching her in the face. Ingrid stumbled backwards, but quickly regained balance before kicking Jamie's stomach, causing him to wince. Jamie tackled her into headlock, squeezing her neck till she begged for him to let go. He released her, crossed his arms, and gave her a cold glare. She smirked before pulling out her pen knife. She cackled, pointing her knife at Jamie's neck. Ingrid made a shallow cut along his neck, blood dripping all over her hands. Jamie, through all the pain, punched her in the nose, causing it to bleed. Ingrid smiled before punching Jamie so hard he fell to the floor, smacking his head on the ground. He fell unconscious. Ingrid rushed off, knowing she'd done what her master had asked, place poison in Lottie's water bottle.

Jamie lay on the floor, blood seeping from his neck, bruises on his stomach and head, unconscious.