Wednesday- Jottie day

It had been three days since the arrival of Ellie, Jamie and Lottie. Today was just a normal day except Ellie was going on a walk with her parents for the day, visiting her cousins in the afternoon. Lottie and Jamie were sat in the library on the couches in front of the fireplace. Lottie sat on the other end of the sofa to Jamie, her small feet resting in his lap. They were both reading, blankets covering their bodies. 

After a while the fire began to sizzle out. Lottie shut her book and went over to it, grabbing matches on her way "Jamie, I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing with the coal" she sighs. Jamie laughs, shutting his book and joining her "do you mind getting some newspaper whilst I set up the coal?" he says, grabbing a handful of coal. "sure" Lottie says, skipping off to the study where all the old newspapers are kept. Halfway there she hears the queen and grandmother talking in the king and queens bedroom "they're so cute together, like Jamie, he's a whole new man and I'm digging for it" The queen sighs. Lottie smiles before quickly rushing off to get the newspaper. Jamie stumbles around with the coal and wood, slotting them into the fire place. Lottie returns with a stack of newspaper "quick enough? I asked you to get some newspaper not a part of the ancient Egyptian pyramids" Jamie exclaims, taking the newspaper from Lottie. Lottie laughs, snatching some newspaper, crumpling it into a ball before throwing it at Jamie. He chuckles, pulling her to the floor and tickling all her weak spots.

Once they have the fire going, Lottie and Jamie return to the sofa. Lottie brings her stuff to be next to Jamie, leaning her head on his shoulder as she reads. Jamie wraps an arm round her waist, using his other hand to turn the page of his book. Their legs tangle together, towards the fire, under the blanket Lottie had thrown on top. Soon enough they both fall asleep, Jamie's head resting on Lottie's. The king walks in, sees Jamie and Lottie, smiles, before quickly leaving. 

Later on in the day, Lottie and Jamie are eating lunch outside. The cook had made them pasta with lots of salad. Lottie picks up one of her pasta pieces and throws it in the air, trying to catch it in her mouth. It lands in the corner of her eye causing them both to laugh "very lady-like" Jamie sarcastically says, scooping a mouthful of pasta into his mouth. Then he too, tries to catch the pasta in his mouth which just mushes on his nose before plopping onto the floor. Lottie laughs, a bit of sauce on his nose making her laugh even more. "let me get that for you" she says, leaning over and kissing his nose, sucking the sauce off. "gone?" Jamie asks, smiling, "gone" Lottie replies "wait why is your sauce tastier than mine?" Lottie asks. "Maybe you got a hint of me to" Jamie winks, ducking from Lottie's playful punch.

On the outside field, Jamie and Lottie decided it was a good time to get in some training. "Up, up, down, up" Jamie ordered as Lottie lifted the heavy weights up and off the floor. After five minutes she frees a hand to wipe a bead of sweat from her forehead before re-gripping it on the weight, panting for breath. Jamie was running on the spot as he helped Lottie, wanting to get in some sort of workout for himself as well. "Ok, that's good for today" Jamie says, taking the weights of Lottie and packing them away in their box. "Now for a run" he says, holding his hand out to Lottie who was a hot mess on the floor. "Seriously?" She sighs, taking his hand and hauling herself up. Jamie chuckles, rolling up her mat as she gulps down her water. "On my gravestone please write in bold letters 'murdered by Jamie' Lottie pants. 

By the end of the run, Lottie was keeled over onto the grass, Jamie taking a swig of his water, his top on the floor after he too, had sweated. "Remind me to never become a partisan again, to much work" Lottie sighs, shading her eyes from the bright sun. "Remind me to work you harder next week as you clearly need some work" Jamie taunts. Lottie scoffs, quickly scrambling to her feet and folding her arms "what do you mean? That was a breeze" she says Cooly. 

Once they were back in Jamie's room, putting away their equipment under the bed, Lottie flopped onto his fresh, clean bed with a grunt. Jamie laughs, looking for a fresh top to put on over his sweaty body. "Don't tell me you're going to fall asleep" Jamie says, chuckling at Lottie who was flat out on his bed. "Nope, never" she mumbles still keeping her eyes closed.

Suddenly they heard a knock at the door. Lottie sprang off of Jamie's bed looking at him in horror mouthing 'what do we do?'. They knew all to well what it would look like to someone coming in, Jamie shirtless with Lottie on the bed. Jamie pushes her into his closet  before answering the door. Lottie holds her breath, Jamie's scent surrounding her in his closet. Jamie opens the door, shirtless, to reveal the king. He quickly apologizes picking up his shirt and pulling it on. The king making no sign of wanting to be there.

"Now Jamie, I want you to know that what ever you and Lottie are doing, it better be hidden from the public" the king began "if they find out that the princess is in love with her body guard the royal family's reputation will be ruined forever." Jamie nodded, scraping his hand through his hair nervously. "and no babies, we don't need that right now" he sighs before leaving down the corridor. Lottie lets out a snort from the closet, babies? Who the hell did he they were? Jamie opens the door to the closet and immediately starts laughing "babies?" Lottie laughs. "that was way to close" Jamie chuckles, pulling Lottie into a hug, feeling her nod against his chest in agreement "way to close" she whispers. "Wait, doesn't that mean Ellie's back, if he's back" Jamie says. "oh shoot, she's gonna go to my room to say goodnight" Lottie rubs her eye tiredly, leaning into Jamie. "goodnight" she whispers against his chest."goodnight" he says, gesturing for her to leave. 

Lottie waits for half an hour, waiting for Ellie to come say goodnight and tell her about her day but Ellie never came. She decides to go see Ellie, maybe she fell asleep already because she was super tired. Lottie knocks three times on Ellie's door but hears no sign of movement so she opens the door. The sight she sees in front of her causes her to let out and ear-piercing scream.