Plans

Jamie woke up to a doctor opening the door with a creak, quickly turning on the light. Trying to act professional, Jamie sits up, combing his hair back with his fingers before pulling on one of his white t-shirts Ellie has brought. "Morning Jamie, just come to do your final check up  and remove the tubes from you before you can leave" the doctor says, making his way to the medicine rack in between Lottie and Jamie's beds. "Will Lottie be leaving?" Jamie asks, looking over to Lottie who is still fast asleep, hugging mr truffles close to her chest. "We can certainly look at having the palace's nurse look after her from the palace, after all, she is only needing the medicine now" the doctor replies. Jamie nods, fiddling with the tubes coming out of his nose, glad they wouldn't be there much longer. 

"All free" says the doctor, packing away the tubes into a medical bin, handing Jamie a tissue for his runny nose. "Thanks" Jamie says, taking the tissue gratefully, wiping his nose. "I will go see if we can arrange Lottie to leave with you" the doctor says as he leaves the room, leaving Jamie the only one awake in the room. "Lottie?" Jamie whispers, leaning over her, studying her sleeping face. She murmurs, moving her arm to stretch, bringing mr truffles into the air. Jamie smiles, "morning" he whispers, holding onto the bed handles. "Morning"Lottie groans, rubbing her eyes open to look at Jamie, instantly smiling. "Get up, the doctors checking to see if you can come home as well" Jamie says, sitting back on his own bed. "Really?" Lottie gasps, sitting up, her bed head a mess around her face. "Yes really, nice hair by the way" Jamie smirks urning a pillow in the face. "Oh shut up" Lottie laughs, climbing out of bed for her hairbrush.

Once Lottie and Jamie were all ready for the day ahead, sitting on the edge of Lottie's bed, the doctor returns into the room. "Oh hello Lottie, and Jamie obviously, just called the palace and they said they'd be more then happy to take you both home today"he says, holding the door open with his body. "Really? Thank you!" Lottie smiles, looking to Jamie who was looking at her with a smile to match hers. "They'll be here in an hour, oh, Lottie, here's your medication you'll need, of already talked to the nurse back at the palace about the instructions" the doctor says, handing Lottie a paper bag with a medical sign on the front. "Thank you" Jamie says as the doctor shuts the door behind him. Once they're in the room alone Lottie lets out a squeal, jumping into Jamie's arms. "We get to go home, we'll be with Ellie again!" she says, feeling Jamie's arms wrap around her body, his gentle chuckle muffled into her neck. 

When the hour had passed and Jamie and Lottie were ready with their bag of belongs on Jamie's shoulder, they could see some of the body guards walking down the corridor. Jamie walks forward and whispers to them getting a nod of the head and a whispered reply. Lottie watched, always impressed by how hard Jamie worked to be a professional body guard. Jamie turns around with a smile and beckons her over, holding his hand out. Lottie takes it, following their lead to the exit of the hospital. As they pass their doctor, Lottie calls out a thank you, Jamie saluting to him before smiling at Lottie. 

As they stumbled up the palace steps, Jamie and Lottie hand in hand, Jamie hauled Lottie up, who was half asleep from the car journey. At the top they were greeted by the queen with a warm hug and a hand shake. "I'm so glad you are ok, I cannot tell you how grateful I am for you saving Ellie" she starts, readjusting her crown. "Ellie doesn't know you are returning today, thought it would be fun if you surprised her, I think she's in her room" she finishes, turning to talk to the body guards. "Thank you" Lottie and Jamie say, instantly laughing at theirselves "jinx" Lottie says before turning to run down the corridor. Jamie rolls his eyes before running after her, catching up easily and picking her up and swinging her over his shoulder. Lottie squeals, instantly laughing. "Shh Lottie, you're going to give away our surprise" Jamie laughs, tickling her. "Butthole" Lottie says. Stumbling to the floor again and running up the stairs, trailing her hand along the railing. 

"Ready?" Lottie whispers, holding her hand over Ellie's door handle. Jamie nods, pulling her into a quick side hug before she judges the door open. Ellie was sat on her bed with her guitar, scribbling down words into her notebook with a chewed up pencil. She looks up, instantly leaping off her bed and smiling. Lottie laughs pulling Ellie into a hug, pulling her down onto her bed. Jamie watches with a smile, stuffing his hands in his pocket. Lottie looks up to Jamie instantly smiling and pulling him down as well, getting a grunt "now who's the butthole?" He says. Lottie laughs, looking up at the ceiling, in the middle of her two favourite people.