Falling Apart

Lottie walked back over to they rest of the group, every so often turning around to see if Jamie was following, but, it was just trees that welcomed her. "Lottie come on, they're making lunch" Ellie said as Lottie neared them. "Where's Jamie?" Saskia asked as they made their way down the Rosewood path. "Needed some fresh air, Percy was his closest friend" Lottie replied, not feeling everyone needed to know he was beating himself up. Saskia nodded sadly before walking over to Anastacia and Lola. 

"Ellie, the bracelet, where did you find it?" Mickey asked over the lunch table. Ellie shrugged "found it in my pocket when we were playing monopoly". Everyone sat thinking before Binah said "they clearly wanted it so, Leviathan can't have meant you to have it". "Or maybe they did and then something happened and they needed it back?" Anastacia added. Lottie looked at Ellie "please may I look at it?" She asked calmly. Ellie nodded, slowly placing it in Lottie's hand. 

Lottie looked down at the bracelet, it's silver, chain like detail each holding a green gem that glowed every so often. "That colour looks familiar" Binah muttered from over Lottie's shoulder. "In fact, if you let me do some tests on that I could prove what is making it familiar" she gasped, a glint in her eye as she looked to Ellie for permission. Ellie nodded "I wouldn't mind that being out of site" she laughed. Binah squealed before running off with the bracelet. "I wonder what was 'familiar' about it" Raphael said, taking a bite out of his sandwich. "Her reflection" Saskia said causing everyone to laugh.

Ellie sat, looking at her friends, she thought about how one of them had died, she thought about them suffering, she thought it being because of her. "Ellie? Chocolate cake?" Lottie smiled, but Ellie simply shook her head. "It's your favourite" Mickey said, confused. "I'm gonna go look for Jamie" Ellie said, removing herself from the table. Lottie sighed "I'll be back" before getting up to follow Ellie. "What's wrong Ellie?" Lottie asked as she caught up to her. "I don't want to cause anymore trouble" she replied, walking faster, away from Lottie. Lottie jogged to catch up "what do you mean? What trouble". 

Ellie rolled her eyes "oh you know, getting a friend killed, all getting captured away, everyone now completely smashed, that trouble". Lottie sighed "Ellie, don't blame yourself, it's no ones fault, plus, they don't even suspect you of being any kind of use". Ellie grunted "that's exactly the point, I put you in that position because I 'didn't want to' but, I was just being lazy and selfish, I shouldn't have put you in that position and now I've put everyone in danger" she yelled. Lottie looked at her "you would've put everyone in danger if Jamie hadn't stepped in and done something. After everything we had done for you, you were going to hand us all in by giving that stupid bracelet away" Lottie replied, now angry. "I didn't want anyone to do anything for me" Ellie replied, walking away. "Ellie, this isn't about you, we're in this together" Lottie called after her. "Maybe I want to be in this alone" Ellie replied. 

Lottie watched as Ellie walked away. "If everyone's going to blame themselves, so be it" Lottie muttered, walking back to Lunch. She was greeted with smiles as she sat back down. "She's not beating herself up is she?" Anastacia asked. Lottie nodded. "Well that's weird because I was going to say it's all my fault" Saskia claimed starting to get up and storm away. "Stop with that silly, no time for joking around" Anastacia laughed. Lottie laughed, digging into her ice cream. 

Later that night, everyone except Jamie and Ellie sat together in the library, reading and talking. Binah still hadn't returned from her research but Lottie decided to leaver her too it, knowing she liked to be left alone. Lottie opened up her book and sat down by the fire, needing to distract herself from everything going on. The death of his father, Percy, meant that- Lottie shut the book in distress and went to find another book. Anastacia joined her, shuffling through the shelves as well, also looking for a new book. "So, how are you and Jamie?" Anastacia asked, giving Lottie a slight nudge. Lottie blushes slightly "oh, we're good, well I think so anyway" she replied. "Any sort of confirmed relationship, boyfriend, girlfriend?". Lottie pulled out another book "uh no, don't think Jamie will ever let it get to that stage" she laughed. Anastacia sighed "shame". "How about you and Saskia?" Lottie asked, scanning the blurb of her book. "Oh we're great, partisans am I right?" Anastacia replied, giving a little giggle. Lottie laughed as well, putting the book back on its shelf.

"Lottie, Lottie" Binah yelled running up to Lottie and Anastacia in pure excitement. 'Shhh" everyone hissed from behind her but Binah didn't care. "My test, it worked, I know what was in the bracelet".