News

Jamie went back to sleep, his exhaustion taking over his body. As his eyelids fluttered shut he took his last glimpses at the lifeless Lottie in the bed next to him. 

Lottie woke up, her throat burning like hell. She forced her eyes open to look around the room, a plain white room with medical supplies organised onto shelves. A monitor beeped quietly besides her, in rhythm with her heartbeat. To her right she could see another bed but it was to dark to make out who was lying in it. She hoped it wasn't an old man who she'd have to share a room with, his wife sobbing with her hanky every hour. 

In the morning Lottie woke up from her small nap, her tube in her mouth covered in drool. She used her bedsheet to wipe as much of it off, her hospital top itching against her skin. Lottie breathed heavily into the tube, trying to calm herself down from the previous events. How one minute she was in Ellie's room and the next be rushed into operation. Her loud, heavy breathing woke up the patient next to her who pulled open the blinds before turning around, revealing their face. Jamie.

"Jamie?" Lottie gasped, a few tears building in her eyes. "its ok Lottie" Jamie said rushing over to her bed. Lottie's big mask and tube that were covering her mouth, pumped in a big gust of oxygen down her throat, causing it to burn. Lottie touched her throat letting out a little whimper, looking up at the ceiling to knock back her tears that were blurring her vision. Jamie coughed into his arm, grabbing the bed frame for support. "wow, we're in great condition" Lottie laughed, attempting to lighten the mood. Jamie let out a sad smile, looking Lottie in the eyes. She was ok.  

The rest of the morning consisted of many check ups, taking lots of medication and lots of doing nothing in bed. Lottie was asleep in her bed, her mask steaming up from her breathing. Jamie's mask had been replaced with tubes going up his nose as soon his lungs would be back to normal and all he would need was some tablets for his pain. "Jamie, Lottie must not be mouth to mouth with any other human until her infection is cleared, no germs can go down there" a nurse informed Jamie, trusting he would pass the news onto Lottie when she woke up. Jamie nodded before gazing over Lottie, her hair splayed out on her pillow that was dented inwards from her head resting there, her chest rising up and down. He would have to look after her and Ellie now, Leviathan were gaining power and they were growing weaker.

Ellie ate breakfast on her own, forcing it down her throat even though she had no appetite. After breakfast she was allowed to visit the hospital for an hour. She shoved Mr Truffles and Lottie's blanket and tiara she'd had since she was born along with a variety of clothes for her. For Jamie she just packed some of his clothes. Ellie was wearing a -shirt from one of her favourite rock bands merch and some baggy black jogging bottoms with her vans. Her body guards escorted her to their private limo and she hopped in, kicking her feet up on the free chairs.

Lottie and Jamie were eating the hospital food in bed, laughing about the different things they'd seen the king do secretly in the palace like sneaking chocolate bars from the pantry or talking to himself in the mirror about how good he looked. Lottie was now wearing the tubes up her nose so that she could shovel the food into her mouth but would soon be back to the tube and mask over her mouth. Jamie shoved his pills inside his bacon so that he wouldn't taste them when he had to eat them. He suck his fork into the bacon and stuck it in his mouth crunching down on the pills and bacon at the same time. He quickly got in some orange juice to knock it down his throat. Lottie applauded "now I have to have my pills" she said sadly. She emptied the pills in the tub besides her onto her hands and knocked them into her mouth, she couldn't crunch hers so she poured in some orange juice and knocked her head back, slurping back the liquid and pills down her throat. She opened her empty mouth and made an 'ah' noise. Jamie laughed, tearing apart his bread. 

Ellie ran into the reception of the hospital, closely followed by her two body guards. They earned some stares but Ellie didn't care, she wanted to see her friends. She ran past the queue to see the receptionist, slamming into the desk, "I'm here to see Lottie Pumpkin and Jamie Volk" she gasped, out of breath. "I'm afraid you'll have to wait in the queue" the receptionist replied, tired. One of Ellie's bodyguards held up his ID 'royal body guard' causing the receptionist to sigh, "room 360, up the stairs and too your right".  Ellie thanked her before running up the stairs.

Lottie and Jamie were lying in bed, getting their daily check ups "Lottie, you are a fighter, your lungs have almost got rid of 60% of the infection already" the nurse smiles, patting Lottie's head as she smiled behind her mask, her tube lifting with the corners of her mouth. Jamie was told that the next day he would be ready to go as his lungs had completely filled back up to 95% oxygen and throughout that day that 5% would come. Lottie knew that would mean she'd be in that room alone but she was more glad Jamie was recovered.   

Ellie bust into their room face to face with Jamie and Lottie. Lottie was breathing deeply into a mask connected to a long tube, lying in her bed. Jamie was sat on the end of her bed, massaging her feet. Lottie looked up an smiled at Ellie opening her arms for her embrace. Ellie ran forward carefully wrapping herself round Lottie, closely followed by Jamie who didn't really want a hug. Ellie got out their belongings from back at the palace, handing them back to them. Lottie squealed, hugging Mr Truffles tight before resting her tiara on her head. Jamie laughed, throwing Lottie's blanket over her face causing her to giggle before pretending to be a ghost making 'oo' noises, quickly attacking him with tickles. Jamie laughed, turning into a coughing fit. Lottie removed the blanket from her face, re-adjusting her mask before patting Jamie on the back.

Ellie stayed in their room for a while, laughing at their jokes, telling them stories. After a bit one of her body guards beckoned her to leave back to the palace. Sadly, she left, waving goodbye and blowing kisses before shutting the door behind her. She could hear their laughter gently fade away as she walked down the corridor until she was back in the limo. 

Lottie turned on the TV, turning it to the news by accident. "breaking news, Leviathan break out in Royal Palace, hurting Princess and her partisan, new reports coming in" Jamie sprung up from where he was sat so he could see what was on the screen. Ingrid was being tackled into a police van, closely followed by only two of the men, the others must've escaped. Jamie punched the air, turning to face Lottie with a big smile on his face, causing Lottie to snort. Ingrid had been caught. Her attention was caught by a video of her being wheeled into the hospital with her mask and blankets covering her "eww I look like a mess" she mutters. Jamie raises his eyebrows "oh sorry ma'am did you expect makeup artists to be working on your face during your operation?". Lottie glares at him a smirk appearing on her face, quickly she roles her eyes and lets out a laugh. Jamie tackles her down with a laugh, pulling the thin duvet on her bed over her before returning to his bed. "night" he says before turning out the light.