True Love

It had been a week since Lottie had woken up and she was still in the nurse's office. Although, today she was allowed to leave. Her arm had no remains of poison but instead, a nasty, scabby cut that did not look very attractive. 

Lottie pulled on her white knitted jumper and some ripped jeans, matching it with a golden necklace and earrings. Jamie sat next to her, reading Lottie's essay about Henry VIII like she had requested him to. Lottie didn't mind him being in the room when she changed as she knew he wasn't a creep who watches a lady in unwanted areas. Her blonde, curly hair bounced around her shoulders, a pearled hairclip scooping back one side. Lottie kissed Jamie's head "I'm ready to go" she whispered. Jamie looked up and pecked her on the lips before grabbing her hand "I'm so excited to spend time with you outside this manky room... don't tell the nurse I said that" he whispered. Lottie laughed, a toothy grin appearing on her face. Jamie handed back her essay "that's really good, like really good" he said. Lottie hugged him, still holding his hand "thanks Jamie" she said. 

They waved goodbye to the nurse before exciting the room. Lottie breathed in a big breath of fresh air, looking Jamie in the eyes before squealing. Jamie laughed picking her up onto his back and piggy-backing her all the way across Rosewood's garden, Lottie laughing on his back. "Let's stay out here" said Lottie, the gentle bird songs humming around them. "I don't want to go back to normal just yet" she whispered, hugging her arms around Jamie's neck. Jamie laughed, putting Lottie down on the floor and spinning round to look at her, "our normal isn't actually "normal" though is it?" He laughs. Lottie sighs, wondering if they'll ever just get to live in the normal ever again. "Meh, I don't like normal" she shrugs, a smile leaking onto her face. "Neither do I" Jamie replies, welcoming Lottie into his arms. "You are so brave Lottie" he whispers, resting his forehead against hers. "Lottie looks up into his eyes "because you believe in me" she replies. He smiles, not breaking them apart. Lottie presses her lips against his, feeling his rare, soft touch. The warmth of the kiss fluttered around in her chest before they each pulled away, smiling. "We should get back" Jamie says, looking around them to see if anyone was there. "We should" Lottie replies softly, taking his hand as they strode back to their "normal" They reached the library eventually, Lottie and Jamie failing too wipe the grins off their faces. Both of them stood facing the doors to the library, knowing that once they enter they will be bombarded by all their friends. 

Ellie sat waiting in the library, wondering where Lottie and Jamie were. Jamie had said he would bring Lottie here when she was let out but that was half an hour ago. She had always had a soft spot for Lottie but knew Lottie's heart was with Jamie. The way Jamie makes her laugh, how Lottie makes him so happy, the way when everyone is eating they feed each other in fits of laughter and by god they can never leave their hands off each other. What would Ellie's parents think of it? Deep down Ellie knew her parents would not support the idea of Jamie and Lottie in love one bit but they had too, no one can help love. 

Lottie stepped forward, opening the door to library slowly, getting a waft of the book's scent that she welcomed so longingly. "Ready to be bombarded with our friends?" She laughs, turning to look at Jamie. "Ready as I'll ever be" he replies, gritting his teeth at the thought of all the hugs. "Ha, to think you've fought leviathan" Lottie teases, sensing his nerves. He playfully shoves Lottie, rolling his eyes. Ellie had already spotted them the moment the door had slowly opened. She smiled to herself before returning back to her essay, pretending she hadn't noticed. 

Both Lottie and Jamie reached the table all their friends were sat around, causing a repeated motion of everyone standing up and rushing over to them both, mainly Lottie. Lottie hugged them all, laughing at how over dramatic they all were. "It sounded like a scene from Romeo and Juliet boo" Anastasia says, squeezing Lottie in a tight hug urning a laugh from Lottie. Jamie stands back, watching how friendly his friend group truly was. "Yo wassup ma dude?" Raphael booms, slapping Jamie's back. Jamie spins around and rolls his eyes "what the hell has got into you?" He asks. "He had way to much coffee today, keeps forgetting he had some" Ellie replies, nudging Raphael. "I don't think he sleeps at night" bin Ahmed adds, giving Raphael the side eye. "What, I don't know what you're talking about?" He laughs, walking over to Lottie, removing himself from the conversation. "Weird" Binah says, hugging her books to her chest as she re-adjusts her glasses. Ellie nods in agreement, watching Raphael blabbing to everyone else, "very".