There is never a dull moment with you

Lottie had left to go get dinner. Jamie sat in his bed, his thoughts his only act of entertainment. He hated being weak, not be able to do anything except lie in bed. He hated being worried about, having people fuss over him. Why couldn't he just do his job as Ellie's partisan? Why was there so many barriers?

Lottie reached into her bag,that hung off one shoulder, for her water bottle. Shoot, she had left it in her dorm. Suddenly she started to realise how dry her mouth was, she needed a drink. She ran over to the café counter and picked up a water bottle before  chugging it, draining out every last drop. Next time I won't forget my water bottle, she thought to herself. Now she was holding a piece of unnecessary plastic, you're bad for the environment, she heard a voice inside her head say. She searched for recycling bin, finding one outside the head teachers office. She had just had dinner, the taste of the meal still present in her mouth. Jamie. She practically jumped when she thought of him, sat all alone in that room, in pain. She ran to him.

Jamie was lying still, looking up at the ceiling. If he moved his neck a wave of fire would wash over his body, burning his throat. Suddenly the door swung open, revealing Lottie, still wearing her dungarees and white crop top. Whilst she was out she had also picked up her backpack which was hanging off her left shoulder. "Jamie!, I'm sorry I took so long its just I-"Jamie had reached for her hand, she placed her hand in his hand, a tingle wriggled up her arm at his touch. Lottie leaned forward and placed her lips on his, she felt his hand rest on her cheek as they kissed. Lottie pulled away, and smiled before squeezing his hand. "it must be horrible, having to lie here, without being able to talk." she whispered, looking Jamie in the eye. He nodded before taking a deep breath and closing his eyes. Lottie still held his hand. With her remaining hand she pulled out her sketchbook and pencil from her bag. It was difficult sketching with one hand but she could manage, she didn't want to let go of Jamie, in fear she might loose him. She sketched Jamie, lying there, asleep, his jaw line slightly swollen from his bruises.

A couple of days past, Lottie now had to go to lessons so Jamie was alone for most of the days. After the nurse had left to go to lunch, Jamie tried to talk. He breathed in and out before speaking. His words came out croaky but he did it. He felt a slight sting in his cut but he could talk! He hoped that this might mean he could eat something other than soup from now. Being away from Lottie made him realise that, even though he still had nothing to do when Lottie came, nothing was dull, that he had fallen in love with Lottie pumpkin.

Lottie headed towards the theatre, today was the auditions for Mamma Mia Here We Go Again. She felt her heart race as she stared into at the audience from backstage. She saw Ellie sat in the middle, she was talking to someone next to her but she couldn't quite make out who it was. Lottie leaned closer, into the light, Jamie? It took all her will power to not run out on stage and run to him. He was recovered enough to come out the nurse's room and he'd come to watch her? She felt a warm fuzzy feeling vibrate in her stomach. She looked at the signing up sheet, her name under the part 'young Donna' the main part. It was her turn next. 

She had been given a yellow top with baggy dungarees to wear, her curly blonde hair fitted perfectly with her character, she wore white converse on her feet. She heard her name be called out, here goes nothing. As she walked onto stage she felt the eyes of the audience fall on her. The starting music to 'I have a dream' came on. She wore her microphone around her face on a small wire. She breathed in "I have a dream, a song to sing. To help me cope, with anything" she looked at Ellie who was beaming, then to Jamie who looked her straight in the eye and nodded. Lottie felt her confidence boost "if you see the wonder, of a fairy tale. You can take the future, even if you fail..." Lottie's voice kept the audience in an emotional spell, she saw tears fall down peoples faces. The verse echoed round the room. "I have a dream, a song to sing" As she drew the song to a close she felt the audience erupt. She curtsied before exiting the stage. Relieved, Lottie went to take off her outfit and change back into her white leggings and blue jumper she had worn, she still wore her white converse. Ellie burst into backstage and hugged Lottie until she was sure her blood circulation was cut off. "Lottie you did amazing! I didn't know you could sing like that!" Ellie screamed jumping up and down. Jamie entered the room clutching his neck, before sitting down and staring at the floor. "Jamie? Jamie, your neck! Let me get a flannel" Ellie offered, almost immediately her face went from happiness to worry. Ellie ran out the room, leaving Lottie and Jamie alone. "Lottie... you did amazing! You should be celebrating right now, don't worry about me, I'm fine" Jamie said, looking Lottie dead in the eye. "No Jamie... I would never do that, I... I love you" Lottie spluttered before kissing Jamie. He kissed her back "I love you too" he said before changing to a pained expression and wincing at his neck. Lottie pulled him into a hug "rest your neck on my shoulder" Lottie whispered, Jamie leaned forward and rested his head on Lottie's shoulder. His pain flooded away.

Ellie had got the flannel and stood outside the door. She heard Lottie drop the L bomb, Jamie too. Why were they attempting to hide it from her? I mean sure they weren't fooling anyone, everyone new they liked each other, but why hide it? Ellie thought before opening to door and rushing to Jamie who was resting on Lottie. She dabbed the flannel on his wound, he felt him tense under the flannel's touch. "Guys, I know you love each other... you don't have to hide it from me, I won't be mad."  Ellie said, breaking the silence. Ellie scrubbed away the dry blood on Jamie's neck causing him to groan. Lottie clutched his head with her hand and rested her chin on it. Ellie immediately felt Jamie loosen up. "I'm sorry Ellie, we didn't know how to act about it all" Lottie said whilst rubbing Jamie's head. Ellie nodded before wrapping her arms round both of them. "I love you guys" she whispered.