Hospital

Lottie woke up to a gas mask fixed on her mouth, beeping monitors all around her. Doctors and nurses rushing around her "C15 lung malfunction" she heard, "Red flag warning". She gasped quickly into her mask, eyes shooting everywhere. She tried to get up but was pushed back down by a doctor who was rushing to her monitors. Three nurses were fixing tubes to her arm causing her to breath even more quickly "where's Jamie?" she cried. The nurses carried on taking notes and rushing around "where's Jamie?" she cries again. A doctor points to the left of her before yelling to the workers around him "breathing slowing, more gas pump". Lottie felt air pump into her body.

She looked over to the left of her to where the doctor had pointed to see Jamie. He was still unconscious with around ten different doctors and nurses calling out to each other, rushing around him. He too had a mask on like Lottie's. 

Suddenly a big red light flashed on his monitor, making a beeping noise. Soon after his bed was wheeled off, out of sight with nurses and doctors all yelling things like "code 5, immediate action". Lottie called after them, her breathing slowing down from her panic. To her left she heard "operation room 12, lungs deflating" before her eyelids fell over her eyes, causing her vision to go black.

She woke up to a new, bigger mask being pulled over her mouth, a white cloth surrounding her chest. The doctor besides her said "she'll be asleep in no time, everyone ready for operation?" which caused her to panic. Then a nurse on the other side of her said "count down from ten dear". Lottie started to count ten, nine, eight, seven, six... she blanked out into darkness.

The nurses and doctors around her began the operation. Lottie had suffered breathing problems due to the man popping one of her tubes that air travels through. Her blood clotted up inside her throat, infecting her lungs. This meant she would need a new tube and her lungs would need lots of medication. 

Ellie lay in her bed at the palace, looking at the after scene in her room from Ingrid's visit. Why did she never get hurt, why was it always Lottie or Jamie? Ellie couldn't handle being in the scene any longer, instead making her way to Lottie's room. Lottie's scent filled her body, letting tears escape her eyes, trickling down her cheeks. "Ellie?!" The queen called out. "I'm in Lottie's room mum" Ellie replied, wiping away her tears with the back of her hand.  Her mum entered the room looking absolutely drained "hey love, Jamie and Lottie are both okay, Lottie's in an operation right now and Jamie's in intensive care". Ellie immediately broke down, this was all her fault again.

Jamie woke up to his body shaking. A mask covering his mouth and many tubes running from his arm. Doctors and nurses were running round the room he was in, talking what seemed like a different language. A doctor came over to Jamie and asked him a few questions about how he was feeling before disappearing through the curtains surrounding him. A nurse straps him into a vest that stops his body from shaking as much. Where was Lottie, was she ok?

It had been an hour and Lottie was still in her operation and would be for three more hours. Jamie had asked about her but only got replies like 'she's fine' or 'you'll see her soon' which obviously meant she wasn't fine. Jamie could now move around and explore the hospital but had to take his oxygen mask and portable oxygen to help stable his breathing. Jamie swung the portable oxygen over his shoulder before making his way to reception to find out what was going on. All the people that had been helping him had refused to explain to him what was wrong which he thought was a bit rude. 

Ellie sat in the reception of the hospital, her mum offering to take her there after she'd had a break down in Lottie's bedroom. Her knee bounced up and down nervously as she awaited any news. She watched as families passed, bouncing happily, some in tears. Then Jamie walked through the doorway looking absolutely drained. Ellie leapt to her feet and swung her arms around Jamie "I'm so glad you're okay" she whispered. Jamie laughed a little causing him to go into a coughing fit. The queen closely followed Ellie, hugging Jamie soon after. 

A nurse came to the queen and told her the news that Lottie's operation was well underway but she wouldn't be out for another two hours. That Lottie and Jamie would be staying at the hospital in their own rooms until they have confirmed what they've got and what treatments are needed, also needing to keep an eye on them due to their breathing difficulties. The queen nods along to everything, before signing lots of paperwork which Ellie knew were bills and permission slips.

Jamie tries to breath in some air but nothing comes, he's run out of portable oxygen. He gasps desperately, falling to the floor, coughing into his arm. Ellie rushes too him before calling for a doctor. Immediately someone comes running over, rushing Jamie back to his room for more oxygen. She tells him to stay in his bed as the portable oxygen seems to have a malfunction, not lasting as long as it should. He nods his head before falling asleep.

In the middle of the night Jamie wakes to beeping monitors, many nurses rushing around and a new bed being wheeled into the room. He rubs his eyes open so he can get a proper look at what's happening. Lottie. Her eyes are shut, rosy cheeks returned. Her mouth has a tube shoved into it with a mask over the top. Her cut on her cheek has stitches and her clothes are very blood stained. One of the nurses pulls out a hospital top and replaces Lottie's stained one with it. Lottie's body is all limp, not taking a single notice of the many movements its being made to do. Jamie looks at her, tears fighting to come out, he should've protected her.