Chapter 9: Charlie's first experience with argent demons

The morning was warm but there was something unsettling. Stan heard a beeping coming from the praetor suit. He went running to it.

Vega: Sir this is urgent.

Stan: Vega what's wrong?

Vega: High argent energy signals are coming from nearby.

Stan: This is bad. We need to get there quickly.

Charlie: Stan what's the problem?

Stan: It's the argent demons they're going to try invading this hell. And I need to go.

Charlie: You're not going alone. I'll come with.

Stan: Fine. You'll need a weapon. Take my combat shotgun.

They run out towards the portal. Surprisingly nothing went through the portal. They get to it and go through. There was a pinkie dashing towards them but Stan killed it before it could reach them.

Stan: The weakness is in the back.

They keep going through the hell. They run into more argent demons. They were mostly imps and Charlie was able to kill some of them while Stan got the rest.

Then a hologram shows up of the cyberdemon and spider mastermind getting revived. There was a horde of demons ahead of them and they didn't stock up on ammunition before they got there.

Charlie: We need to go back.

Stan: No.

He removes his helmet and Charlie sees a red glow in his eyes. Then Stan remembers the voice. "They are rage, Without mercy. But you will be worse. Rip and tear until it is done."

He runs into the horde punching and killing all them. He knocks their heads off their necks. He kept his eyes open the entire time. There was blood and gore everywhere. He ripped their limbs off and bashed them with it. He broke their spines but they kept on coming. Charlie was scared by this. This was him when he was angry. He was like an animal.

There were barons of hell but Stan couldn't take them on by himself. They punched and kicked him. His armor was denting. Charlie was scared that he would die. With what ammo she had left, Charlie helped kill the barons while Stan would finish them off.

Charlie: W-We did it.

Stan: Thanks for the help. You did well.

Charlie: Your eyes turned red with rage. It scared me. I thought I lost you.

Stan: Charlie look at me. These demons here aren't civilized. They don't understand English like you and me. They. Killed. My. Family. They have no mercy for others. I would choose death just to keep anybody I care about safe. You, Angel, Vaggie, Niffty, Husk, Crymini, and even Alastor. I would sacrifice anything of mine to keep you safe.

Charlie: I understand but you weren't yourself. You were an animal.

Stan: I'm back to myself now. That was me in berserk. Vega map.

Vega: Yes Sir.

Stan: We need to go northeast to get back to the portal. Most likely more enemies will be there.

Charlie: Alright lets get a move on.

They get going and run into a few demons. They run into a few but it wasn't a big deal. They make to the portal but before they could get through it the a bunch of demons crowd around them. Stan throws a grenade picks up Charlie and jumps out of the portal as it explodes behind them.

 Stan throws a grenade picks up Charlie and jumps out of the portal as it explodes behind them

Charlie: That was close.

Stan: Yeah-ow!

Charlie noticed the gash across his stomach with blood dripping. Charlie helps Stan get to the hotel as he falls down in the lobby.

Husk: Shit what happened?

Charlie: There was an Argent energy portal opened and we investigated it. He has been injured severely.

Niffty: I'll get the medical supplies.

She runs to get them. Charlie takes off the chest plate of Stan's armor to see that he needs bandages. The wound wasn't super deep. Stan ends up blacking out. Charlie has a panic attack while she cleans the blood.

Niffty: I have the supplies.

Charlie: Hand me the rubbing alcohol and the bandages.

She rubs the alcohol and starts to bandage Stan up. She finished and everyone has a sigh of relief when Charlie feels his heart to feel it beating well and him breathing.
8 hours later...

Stan woke up to see himself bandaged up on his stomach. He looks to his right to see that the others were asleep on the couches. Charlie was holding and snuggling him. He wakes her up and she noticed how Stan was fine and she had a smile that grew from ear to ear.

Charlie: Look who's awake. You had me worried.

Stan: It's only gonna leave a scar. I can take the bandages in a few days and I'll be back to normal.

Charlie: Seems fine to me. Oh I don't know what I'd do without you.

Later she noticed that Stan has been acting strange around her and the others. He seems to be shaking. Like an itch that can't be scratched. He is now saying stuff like the screaming or get down gun shots. His ptsd might be coming back since the battle in the Argent hell.

He was starting to have episodes where he needs mental and physical support. He gets flashbacks to his family's death. Charlie comforts him when it happened but inside she knew he was scared of losing more people he cared about.

After about of week of Charlie putting up with his episodes he was going back to normal But he would still have trust issues around unfamiliar faces and it was bad when they were getting more people to come to the hotel.