Chapter 20: Business blows up

Lately the hotel had been more people. The lobby would be crowded sometimes to the point where they had to use a gun to get everyone's attention by shooting it at the floor.

Since there were more people there more people were sent to heaven. Charlie was happy that this was going well. She had Stan and angel put up some advertising posters with him in the praetor suit doing the Uncle Sam we want you thing.

They finished putting up the last one and decide to head back. While walking down the street they look down an alleyway to see a group of demons mugging someone. The 2 walk over to them and they pull knives out.

Stan: Well we were gonna try and talk to you guys to not hurt this person but I guess not.

Angel: Ready?

Stan: Ready. Bye Bye Bye.

They pulled out machine guns and mowed them down. Stan held out a hand for the demon who was getting mugged could grab it. He pulled the demon up and asked him what happened.

Demon: I was just minding my own business and then these guys tried to rob me but you got here.

Angel: Well we have to go. Stan babe come on.

Stan: I didn't give you permission to call me that.

Angel: Eh whatever.

Stan: You're welcome to stay at the hotel. We help run it. My girlfriend is the manager and I'm more of a security guard.

Demon: That would be great.

The demon followed Stan and Angel to the hotel and they helped register him into the hotel. He thanked them as he went upstairs.

Charlie: Wow. That was nice of you. Did you hang up all the posters?

Angel: Yep. In the main square we put them up in stores. that's where they'll be seen mostly.

Charlie: That's great. Well angel you can go do whatever you'd like now. Just don't bother the others or us.

Angel: Yay. See ya nerds.

He walks away as Charlie sits down on the couch. Stan joins her as they talk about business.

Charlie: So you got a new person to stay here. That's great. Since business has been blowing up we can't hang out as much.

Stan: It's fine. I enjoy doing this. We've gotten two more people into heaven and one more patient.

Charlie: Yeah that's good but these past few months have been so exciting for me. If you weren't here this place would probably still be a mess. And I'd probably be slouched in a corner crying. Maybe in a deep state of depression.

Stan lifts her head up and looked into her eyes as he sees a tear slowly start to form. She thought he'd be mad but was surprisingly calm.

Stan: Don't worry. I'm here and am ready to help. If anything is needed just holler.

Charlie: I'm telling you that I'm so happy you are here and hope you never leave us. I just have these thoughts if you were killed and left us. I just love you too much.

Stan: I know that Charlie. I am here now am I? We need to get back to running a hotel. I'll clean up the lobby you can go lay down and rest. You need to clear out those thoughts. You're too stressed out and need some you-time.

Charlie: Okay Thanks babe.

She kisses him and walks away. Stan grabs a mop and starts humming beat it by Michael Jackson and He was making funny lyrics to it.

Stan: When you got a boner in public and you don't want people to see it. You can't find to hide it so you do what you can so Just beat it. Just beat it. Ooh! Oh yeah!

He continued singing as other demons came down and saw him and laughed. They then just moved on with their day. He continued to clean and the entire lobby was glimmering.

Husk walked down and saw how clean it was. He was impressed with the way it looked. He fist bumps Stan for doing a good job and just sat and laid his head down.

Then he walks upstairs and on his way he runs into alastor.

Alastor: Oh hey there. Charlie told me you were just cleaning the lobby. She should be in your guy's room.

Stan: Finished it. It's glimmering so don't mess it up or I'll have your head on a stick.

Alastor: I cross my dead heart that I won't mess it up.

He looked at alastor as he walked to the room him and Charlie stayed in. He walks in and sees her "master debating". She looks at him surprised.

Stan: What are you doing?

Charlie: You said I was stressed out. Isn't this a good way to relieve stress?

Stan: You're right but I expected you to do some tai chi or drink tea. But not this.

Charlie: Well earlier when I said we can't do anything together I got that urge. So when you said to clear my thoughts and how I was stressed I thought this would be what I'd need to do.

Stan: Well you can continue your session. I won't bother you.

Charlie: Don't you want to help me finish?~

Stan: Hmmmmm.

Charlie: You know you want me.~

Stan: Dammit. You got me there. Oh behave. (Austin Powers quote)

He took a running start and jumped onto the bed. Downstairs Alastor was helping out the newest sinner who was gonna stay at the hotel. He shows the demon his room and continues his day. Angel returns with his friend Cherri and tries to have her join the hotel staff.

Angel: Yeah you could help out with the security position. You have demolition experience so makes sense for you.

Cherri: But what do I get out of this?

Angel: A free place to stay, Free food.

Cherri: Not convincing enough.

Angel: You can see that hot guy from that one time. His name is Stan Blazkowicz and we call him Stan. He was also a demon slayer but those were different demons.

Cherri: So this is where he stays?

Angel: Yeah. But Just be careful of Charlie. She will maul you if you try to seduce Stan in front of her. She might be a cute girl on the outside but when it comes to him she will throw that all out the window and go berserk.

Cherri: Noted. But he's so hawt though.

Angel: I know but Charlie like I said will murder us if we try anything around her.

They continue their conversation as Charlie and Stan come down both sweating. They look at the two but just shrug it off. They didn't know what happened between those two.