Chapter 37: The mysterious girl

When they returned Geltahmiin was feeling kinda weird. She couldn't explain it but felt as if she were being followed. They brought the arrow with them back just to be sure. BJ tucked his girls in and kissed them goodnight and fell asleep. He had a dream that was from his childhood.

The year was 1921, a family of five was making a quick stop on his family farm. A mother, father, and three daughters. BJ was playing by the bridge looking for tadpoles with Bessie.

Young BJ: Oh there might be more down this way Bessie! Come on!

He began to run down but Bessie didn't. She was barking at a girl who looked around 14 maybe 15 years old. She had what looks like unkempt red hair with deep wild blue eyes. The girl looks at her family and runs off into the woods just off of the estate.

Younger BJ runs after her with Bessie by his side. The girl stops and pulls a branch back hitting BJ in the stomach winding and knocking him over. Bessie helps him up as they continue to chase her through the woods.

After chasing her for a bit longer, she climbed up a tree to get out of sight hiding in the bushy branches. Bessie tracks her scent pointing up at the branch she was hiding in.

Young BJ: Hey girlie! We won't hurt you! We just wanna talk!

The girl peeks her face through the bushy branches and growls out, "Get lost kid!"

Young BJ: Why did you run off from-

She climbs down a bit and lands on BJ severely winding him. It made it so it would take a bit to get up. The girl then runs off leaving BJ with no broken bones. BJ uses a nearby tree and the help of Bessie to get back up. Bessie runs up ahead getting ahold of the girl giving BJ time to catch up.

The girl turns around ripping the clothing off that Bessie had ahold of then runs off again. BJ yells out, "Please stop! All we just want to do is talk!"

She starts getting more aggressive in slowing him down. Bessie still determined ends up jumping on top of the girl allowing BJ to catch up.

Young BJ: Can we Please talk?

The girl growls loudly and kicks BJ in the groin then pushes Bessie off of her and runs off again. Bessie licks BJ and points in the direction she went in. They watch as she jumps into a deep river and hides in the water. BJ and Bessie follow her as she swims into a small alcove in the water.

Young BJ: Hey, we won't bite. We just want to get to know you. My name's William but my mom calls me Billy.

The girl growls, "Just leave me alone," out loudly. BJ analyzes her facial expression and sees she was trying to get away from someone that wasn't him.

She gets out of the water and dries herself off stalking towards BJ. She looks down at him being a few inches taller saying, "Listen to me kid, I'm going to leave again. If you come after me, I will make sure you won't be able to keep following me, am I clear?"

The girl turns around and starts running picking up a rock on the way. BJ is just left there watching as she runs deeper into the forest. It was getting kinda dark and BJ looks at the bruises from his father and sighs.

He starts walking back home tearing up knowing his father would hurt him more. BJ then realizes he can't see where he was going and didn't know which way was home. He chased the girl through 2 almost 3 miles of woods.

BJ curls up in a ball and starts crying while laying next to Bessie. His cries could be heard throughout the woods attracting predators like rabid wolves.

He hears a branch crack and looks in the direction of it. The girl had returned saying, "Kid shut up! You'll get us killed." She sits down with her back against the bark of the tree and begins making a fire.