Chapter 22: The return of a thought lost one

In the doom base Charlie and Stan gathered for a mission briefing on what's going to happen. The two are going to clear out Chicago's demon source. Stan remembers he grew up in Chicago and spent most of his life there. Him and Charlie were hooked up to the tether technology that would pull them back to the base when the objective is complete.

They make it there and the place is in ruins. The buildings have collapsed and is on fire with big demons' skulls. There were a few gore nests they'd need to take out. When walking through the city a group of possessed zombies came by then Charlie and Stan killed them.

Inside a building they picked up some supplies for the base like some oil and food. While wandering throughout the town Charlie starts a conversation.

Charlie: Earth seems to be a lot different from how I thought it would be.

Stan: It was nice. This city is where I grew up in. That store there was where I got my first car. It was a 2001 Honda Civic. Oh I would love annoying people with the sound of it. Me and my boys would blast music and drive through the city and neighborhood and annoy everyone.

Vega: That store seems to be what's left of a Honda dealership.

He continues to show Charlie around and he shows her the spot where him and Rose carved their names into a tree along with their first kiss. Before they left he wanted to visit the neighborhood he used to live in first.

Stan opens the door to his old home. There was broken glass and holes in the floor. Broken picture frames and plates. One hole in the floor he saw something hiding in. He looked in and saw a family of bunnies hiding under the house. One looked familiar to him. Charlie saw what was going on and one hopped out and into his lap. He started to speak to it.

Stan: Daisy is that you?

The bunny jumped onto his hands. He started to sob flooding his helmet with tears. Charlie was confused to why he was crying about a bunny.

Charlie: What's going on?

Stan: *Sniff* My bunny daisy. I thought she was killed.

Charlie: You never mentioned her to me. Why?

Stan: Because *Sniff* it would be too much for me. And it seems she has a family now.

Out hopped 2 other rabbits. One adult and one baby. He picked them both up and was smiling so hard underneath his helmet it would be permanent. Daisy hopped out of his arms and went over to Charlie. Charlie got down on her knees as Daisy jumped into her lap.

Charlie: She seems to like me. That was honestly quick.

The baby hops over to her and nuzzles her leg and lays down.

Charlie: Aren't you a cutie. I understand why you like bunnies. They're so fluffy and adorable.

Stan: Yeah, Daisy was like an emotional support animal to me. Let's get going now. I'm gonna take this guy. You take those two.

They leave the broken down house and have the General tether them back to the base. Once in there the General greeted them.

General: Mr. Blazkowicz was the mission successful?

Stan: Yes it was.

Vega: From my scans, the demon activity should drop by at least 53%.

General: That's great news. What's with those rabbits you two have?

Stan: These bunnies are staying here. They are like family to me. Especially Daisy.

General: Nothing wrong with that. Just keep them in your room.

Charlie: Let's get them a new place to sleep. How about a box with a blanket?

Stan: You took the words out of my mouth.

Inside their room they put a box with one of their extra blankets in it. Charlie places the bunnies in the box and they get comfortable. Stan slides over some baby carrots and a small bowl of water and they see how the family just calmly eats and drinks.

He removes the praetor suit and sits down next to the family of bunnies and lets out a long sigh of relief. He runs daisy's head as she continues to eat a carrot. It reminds him of how his family was. They hop onto him as he starts laughing. Angel walks over to see Charlie sitting on the bed and Stan on the floor playing with bunnies.

Angel: Whats his deal?

Charlie: You know about his dead wife and son?

Angel: Yeah. Why?

Charlie: The one laying on his chest is daisy. She was a gift from his wife and son a few years ago. He thought she was dead but it turns out she is alive.

Angel: Oh. Aww They look so cute. Could I see one?

Stan: Go ahead.

Angel sits down as the baby one jumps into his lap. His heart was melting seeing this little ball of fluff. He scratched its head as it hops up in excitement. The little guy seemed to really like new people.

Angel: These little balls of fluff are so darn adorable. I just want to squeeze it.

Charlie: Don't squeeze it. But you can play around with him. I already love these little guys.

Angel: Well I'm going to get going.

Charlie: Alright bye then.

He walks out of the room as the 3 bunnies gather up in the box and go to sleep. Stan wipes away his tears of joy seeing his pet again and lies down on the bed. Charlie runs her hand through his hair as he slowly calms down and falls asleep. She sees him more relaxed than he ever would be. She slides down and goes to sleep too.