renjun × jaemin

both renjun and jaemin are 25

"renjun, be careful. you know it's a dangerous mission this time and you could possibly get killed." the chinese male sighed and looked through the window. he was a spy assassin.

"i know, namjoon hyung. i know this is dangerous but it's better to save them rather than let them die is it. plus, we'll be able to find out what that goddamn hydra has been making. those small tubes that may turn people into killing machines." he could hear the older male hum on the phone. (it's on speaker phone.)

"okay. we're going to leave in two days. be prepared, injun. please." namjoon said before hanging up. renjun sighed and crossed his arms.

namjoon talked about this mission two months ago. he knew this would be a hard task but this was the final step to destroy the hydra base in korea. hydra isolated people and made killed their families. renjun couldn't stand the fact they kept doing these terrible things and decided to take the task which was not a good idea. jin and taeyong helped him with every injury he had before leaving to the mission. suddenly, his thoughts were cut off when he felt a pair of arms wrap around his waist. jaemin kissed renjun's adam's apple and rested his chin on his shoulder.

"are you sure you can do this, junnie? i want to see the full moon with you after your mission." jaemin said. he was worried, a lot. he has experienced with renjun's tasks but this one was by far, the most difficult one. renjun smiled and hummed.

"i will come back, nana. i promise."

he should stop making promises he can't keep

renjun groaned as he laid down on the ground. finally, the hydra base is destroyed but he couldn't think anything except for feelings the pain. two bullets hit his stomach and it was painful. he coughed out a little blood and sighed. he bought out his telephone and shakily called jaemin. after two calls, the taller picked up.

"h-hey, n-n-nana..." renjun tried to not show his hoarse voice. he smiled, thinking about jaemin, his sweet smile always brightened up my day. he just hoped the smiles won't go away when he's gone.

"injunnie? w-what? your mission is finished?" jaemin's voice was filled with confusion. renjun let out a 'mhm' and turned around to cough out the blood again.

"w-what, b-b-but you s-said it'll a-and tomorrow? are you okay? is everything-" "nana, l-listen." renjun said. jaemin stayed quiet but his worriedness started to build up more and more every second passed by.

"i-if you l-look at m-my a-art supplies, i-inside t-the top shelf. p-please read it, nana. i-i love you s-so much." he knew jaemin was going to be sad. but he knew he had to sacrifice himself.

"i love you too, injunnie. but what's wrong cause there's definently something happening now tell me." jaemin was on the verge of crying and breaking down. renjun smiled and coughed a little before speaking.

"n-nothing's w-wrong, nana. w-when i-i c-ome back, w-we will s-stargaze a-and w-watch the f-full m-oon tog-gether. o-okay?" renjun said, trying to not let it notice that he was five minutes close to dying, leaving jaemin on earth alone.

"of course. i love you injunnie. i love you so so much, haung renjun."

"i-i love you t-too, na jaemin." renjun smiled. at least he was able to say his last goodbyes to his lover. he took one deep breathe before hanging up, then, he died. his last breathe was immediately after he hung up, the blood from his stomach dripped down the floor along as the blood that he coughed out. his eyes were wide open, once alive and now dead, renjun will be missed.

"i hope everything's okay.." jaemin said as he went to renjun's art supplies. he went to the top shelf and saw three things. a letter, a polaroid picture, and a medium-sized dark blue box. he first picked up the picture and smiled. it was the photo of him and renjun at the beach, smiling widely as they both posed the 'v' finger. he then picked up the box and there was a necklace, the necklace renjun's mother gave to him. he frowned and then picked up the letter, un-folded it and read it.

dear, nana

hey, jaeminnie. if you're perhaps reading this right now, that means something bad has happened to me

jaemin's eyes widened in fear but he tried to keep reading.

you and i and the team already knew this was going to be risky and i knew too.there was likely a ten percent chance that i was going to survive and a ninety percent chance i was going to not survive. so if i called you after my mission was over, that means i've died. i'm sorry, jaemin. please, don't be sad and upset. i know it is impossible too but honey, i'll watch from up above, will i? i'll be there with you to see the full moon. i'll be next to your side even if you don't know. i'm sorry that i went on this mission. i'm sorry if i actually died. i'm sorry that i didn't listen to you and went on the mission. i'm sorry, baby but i love you forever, nana. i love you more than anything in my life. you were the light to my dark streets, the person who saved me from depression, the person who was there for me when i was sad, he person who would make me laugh, make me feel love. you're truly a gift to me, jaemin. i can write another about how much i love you. i can write thousands of letters. even if i cannot explain how much i love you, please know that i do. i love you, na jaemin.

yours truly, the person who brightens up the world, the person who loves an awesome person called 'na jaemin', huang renjun.

"no.. no. no, no, no, no! r-renjun!" he quickly grabbed his phone and tried to contact the chinese male but he didn't answer. jaemin's tears streamed down like waves of tsunami as he fell to the ground.

"i-i lost him..." jaemin screamed and gripped his hair tightly as his tears streamed down. but the smaller male promised him. he promised that they would watch the full moon together.

"no... p-please.... t-this can't b-be h-happening.." he gripped the letter close to his chest and started to sob. he lost the person who he loves the most, cared the most, the person who brightened up his day.

jaemin wanted to wake up from his dream but it wasn't.

he has to face the truth

"nana..." donghyuck calmed down the crying male into his embrace. they held a funeral, a picture of renjun, smiling ever so brightly that made jaemin's heart break more. he wanted to stay happy for renjun, but he just couldn't. his lover left this cruel world. he couldn't. he loved him so much and he still does. jaemin sobbed as he thought about renjun, every single moment they've been together ever since kindergarten.

he will miss him so badly

huang renjun
1995 - 2020
sacrificed his soul to save others
a great hero

i cried while writing this, omg