26

"So he said he loves you and you said?...." 

"Nothing that's the thing..." I said "I think I love him but I just can't get myself to say it. Maybe that means I don't love him" 

"Maybe." Jin to me with a frown on his face. "...Or you're just scared."

I leaned back on the hind legs of my chair. "I don't feel scared. " 

"Then go and say you love him...since you're not scared." 

"Maybe I will." 

"Maybe you go do it the fuck now." 

"I will"

"NOW"

"Ok damn.. I'm going" 

@ the hospital 

I'm surprised he's still here. It's been almost four days... They said it was 'mild' and yet he's still here in as much pain as he was when we first got here. 

"Hey baby" I said walking over to the side of his bed and kissing his forehead... He was burning up. 

"Hey" His voice was scratchy like he had been coughing all night. 

"We have to talk" I tried not to sound like it was too serious. 

"About what?" He said letting his eyes flutter closed. 

"The first time you saw me when you got here.... You said something.... It was kinda a big deal." 

"I don't reme-" 

"I know you probably don't...but I just wanted to say that I heard you..." I paused for a second... 'Just say it' I thought to myself.

"I love you too...I just wanted you to know that" 

There was a light snore from the man in the bed. 

"Damn it"