27.

Beca's POV

I stood at the side of the stage, observing Chloe's moves. She had a simple white shirt on and black pants with her walkie talkie in her hand. The way her body moves so swiftly- she fell. I ran to her but stopped halfway when I saw her falling in Lance arms, smiling at each other. Turning back, I felt.. useless. Am I jealous of Lance? Maybe. I mean, she's hot- I get it. But Chloe's- she's so special and I can't bare to lose her. Wait, my girlfriend fell. "Beca!", I heard Lance shout. "Hey, you okay?", I asked as I ran to her. She just nodded and took a seat, wincing in pain. "You're not okay", I said before kneeling down to take a look at her. "You sprained an ankle, Miss Beale", I said before I raised an eyebrow, looking up to her, knowing she hates it when I call her that. "Em, get me a bandage from the nurse, Miss Lance, could you get an ice pack?", I asked politely before they both went to get it, leaving me and my baby alone. "You need to be more careful", I said, slowly massaging her swollen spot and she just nodded. "Hey, tonight's gonna be amazing, okay? Don't stress yourself out too much, everything is going fine", I added before I lift my head to look at her. I leaned in and placed a kiss on her lips gently, "Seriously, you guys need to be careful", I heard someone said and both of us looked over to see Emily with the bandage. "Blame her for being so hot", I replied, smirking.

"I have the ice pack!", Miss Lance comes running down. I stood up to take it from her but out of nowhere, she knelt down to ice Chloe's ankle. Both Emily and Chloe looked at me. "Miss Lance, with no disrespect or anything but-", I knelt down and snatched the ice pack away from her, "I can do it". Chloe just looked at me, I don't know in awe or what. "You don't give me that attitude, Beca", she said firmly as she stood up and crossed her arms. I just shrugged it off and focused on Chloe's ankle, "I'm gonna press on it a little okay?", I placed my hand on her lap, "Squeeze my hand if it hurts too much", I looked up to her. "Here", before Chloe could hold my hand, Sara grabbed her hand and sat next to her. I just looked down and softly wrapped the bandage around her ankle. "Ice your ankle every 2 hours, less walking and uh- rest. Do the same stuff for 2 or 3 days, I believe you can take it from here", I faked a smile at Lance and walked away. "Beca", I hear Emily called out but I just kept on walking.

Chloe's POV

I didn't know why she's getting so mad. It's not my fault that our relationship is a secret.  "Hey Emily?". She hummed in response. "Can you take me to go see Beca? She's been gone for quite a long time and I just wanna check on her", I said. She just nodded and slowly helped me up as she supported me. We walked to the music room and knocked before getting in. "What are you doing here? You're supposed to rest, Chlo", Beca said, standing up.

"Emily, I thought I to-",

"No no, I asked her to bring me here", I said before sitting down on the couch and thanked Emily as she leave. "I'm almost done and we can get food after?", she said as she sat down in front of the piano. "Why did you storm off earlier?", I asked. I heard her let out a heavy sigh. "Lance was pissing me off", she said. "Baby, you gave her an attitude, of c-", she cut me off.

"Oh, so you're backing her up?".

"No, I'm not backing her up. I'm just saying, you kinda put up this wall whenever things doesn't go your way. I'm sorry that we had to keep this relationship a secret, it's my fault for being scared of getting thrown to jail.", I told her and she stood up. "How did we even get there?! I was just mad because someone couldn't keep her hands off my girlfriend! Jeez, Chlo! Calm down", she let out. "I can't do this right now, I have a play to direct", I said, standing up, only to fall back down on the couch. "You can't walk, love", she said to me before walking to me, kneeling down on the floor as she held my hand. Door blasts open. Lance. Seriously?

She let go of my hand quickly before acting like she's checking my ankle. "Hey, hot stuff, I've been looking everywhere for you", she smirked. I noticed Beca glared at her, her fists curled up, ready to launch. "Come on, I bought you lunch", Lance said before helping me up. And just like that, I left my girlfriend alone.