39.

Beca's POV

I feel numb. It's like I have nothing to live for. "Beca, open up, it's Stacie, we have dinner", Stacie called out. "Just leave it outside, I'm not hungry", I yelled, burying my face deeper in the pillow. "Beca, please open the door, we're worried sick", Emily's voice echoed. "Please, just leave me alone", I yelled out again. I could hear their sighs and their footsteps as they walk down the stairs.

Author's POV

"She wouldn't open the door", Emily said as she took a seat on the dining table, talking to Beca's parents. "I have to ask you, girls, did you know?", Kate asked. Stacie and Emily shared eye contact before turning their heads back to the brunette's parents. "Yeah, we did", Emily sighed out, looking down at her fidgeting fingers. "But, oh, if you'd seen her", Emily starts smiling, thinking about how happy Beca was when she met the quirky redhead. "She's really the happiest with her", she added. "But it's wrong, Emily. Chloe's her teacher", John said.

"Yeah and she's not a jerk like you guys".

Everyone turned their heads to see Beca standing on the stair with Chloe's hoodie's on and her eyes swollen up. "Beca, I-", John said. "I'm just here for water", she cut him off and starts walking to the kitchen. Everyone had their eyes fixed on her. "Oh please, don't let me ruin the mood. Go on, Chloe's just a teacher and?", Beca broke the silence, taking a sip of her water. Everyone was quiet. "Just what I thought, Emily's picking me up for school on Monday so you don't have to send me and I need my laptop for class, goodnight", Beca went back up and locked her door. She picked up her guitar and starts plucking the strings with only one thing on her mind. Chloe.

Chloe's POV

Ugh, I'm so hungover and naked? What happened last night? Shit! I turned over to see... Lance!

*Flashback to last night*

"Hey, over here!". I turned to see Lance sitting at a table with some other girls. I walked over to them and greeted them politely. "This is my co-worker, Chloe. Chloe, this is Iris and Nora", she said before inviting me to sit next to her.

*End flashback*

What the fuck, Chloe! "You need to leave", I said to Lance before getting up and putting my shorts and a shirt on. "Good morning to you too", she laughed out. "I'm serious. This is bad. This is really bad. My girlfriend and I are going through a tough time and you shouldn't be here, I was drunk last night and, this is wrong.", I blurted out. "Jeez, Beale, you invited me in, I couldn't have turned you down and this girlfriend of yours? You told me last night it was 'complicated' that's why you had sex with me", she said, sitting up. "Lance, just leave, please. I'll talk to you tomorrow", I told her. She stood up, rolled her eyes and me, picked her things up and left. Good, Chlo. You messed up.