#14***Beast? Or Vampire?(Fruk)

"Arthur please!!! I am so cold" Francis whined. "No, you are always cold" I said pushing him away. Francis quickly flipped me over and shoved his cold feet up my back, under my shirt. "Ahhhh!!! It's cold!!! Stop!!" I laughed pushing him away. Francis was a good friend of mine who I actually met online a year ago. We only hang out together at night since his work keeps him busy during the day, but I did not mind. "You are so warm Arthur, I just can't help it"

"Yeah right! You just like to mess with me too much." I shook my head. I stood up from the couch and placed my socks on. "It is getting really late, maybe I should go?" He asked. I looked at the time and saw it was nearly two in the morning again, we always managed to stay up late. "You can stay here tonight if you want?"

"No! That won't be necessary, I don't live far, I will be fine" he smiled putting his coat on quickly. "Oh..... well, if you insist, I really didn't mind. It's just you leave really late so you must be tired" I spoke softly. "Not at all, I am perfectly fine"he patted his chest with a smile. I opened the front door and he stepped out into the night that managed to stay lit up by the moon. "So what kind of job do you have?" I asked. Francis kept his smile up happily as he shook his head. "You would not be that interested in it. Very boring"

"Well...Alright then. Maybe the weekend we can actually hang out during the day, instead of the night time?"
"Hmmmm.....maybe, I would have to see"
"Oh....of course, I know you are very busy" I smiled. I wonder what type of job he had, maybe a writer? Or an artist? I suppose he would be cool in either.

"Well, I am lucky enough to even see you like this" his eyes illuminated through the darkness of the night. Allowing me to see how they were so dull and filled with longing. He was probably very lonely, and I wanted to fix that. "Just please be careful, there has been talk of an animal. They don't know what it is, but it sucks the blood out of people, so far there have been thirty murders. Just please be careful"

His eyes widened at what I said. "Of course, I think I will be able to manage" Francis smiled.  "Bye, see you soon" I waved. I closed the door slowly, as he started to walk off of my house property, I hope he was going to be alright that nigh, it would be a shame for anything to happen to him.

~
"Arthur! We want you to do a report on the killings recently, as your editor I feel that this could be a stepping stone in your journalism. You write really good and more people need to see that. So I expect a new article on my desk by Monday on the report. Do some digging around and see what you can find on these cases"

"Really? Are you sure? This is kind of a big deal" I laughed surprised. Ludwig only asked people he trusted to do reports, and this meant he trusted me. I really could not screw this up. "Yes! You are just the man for the job. Here is the information we have so far and I need you to write something new and fresh about the case, something not even police officers can figure out"

"Oh, alright then" I spoke softly. I took the file in my hand it was already filled with so many things, even evidence from police headquarters. The police and the news firm have a connection with each other, the police get information from us and we do from them. If we have evidence from our reporters, it is reported to the police so they can look into it. While if media needs to be released to the public , the police come to us. We all work hand in hand, so the type of papers in the file did not make me surprised.

"Thank you, I know you will do great, I believe in you" Ludwig nodded at me before walking away. I suppose this report will have to come first, I wonder what I should write about? I guess, I would need to go through the whole file first.

That night , I sat at my desk for a few hours looking over all of the reports we had on the killings and I think I was getting into something about the photos that were taken of the victims. The bite marks were not animal like, I mean, not for animals that eat meat, or drink blood. It was almost human like, but even then, what in earth?

My thoughts were interrupted as I a knock was on the door. I quickly stood up from my desk and rushed to the front door to open it. "Hello Arthur, how are you doing today?" I looked to the happy Frenchman as I nodded. "Pretty good I suppose. I was given a very interesting assignment at work and I think I have come across something interesting"

"Oh really?.....like what?" Francis asked. He seemed to get serious fast as I let him into my house. "Ahh thank you" he smiled stepping inside. "Well, the report is about the recent killings. Well, they are starting to look more like odd murders. Come! Let me show you" I smiled. I quickly pulled francis to my work desk and his eyes widened as he looked at all of my work. "Wow....." he said shocked.

"Okay, so the bite marks on the victims don't match any animal, none what's so ever. However, they are almost human like.....well, they are human like. I am starting to think maybe they aren't crazy animals, but cannibals of some sort. Yet, I have never heard of a cannibal that only drinks blood. I mean, it isn't even a large quantity of blood missing, just maybe a pint, with is not a lot"

I looked to Francis thinking about everything and he looked to me a bit nervously. "I doubt a human would be capable of something like that" he spoke softly. "Yes I know, but they fit so well. I think this is what my report will be on! How all this evidence points to the series of murders to a human being!!! I have to do more research" I said showing him pictures. I looked to Francis who seemed tense, but slowly relaxed. "I know you can do it...." he spoke softly.

"Thank you,that means so much to me...Francis" I looked to him with the sweetest smile I could pull. His eyes widened and he relaxed some more. "How could I resist someone as sweet as you?" He said. "Hmmm?" I hummed confused. He was acting a bit odd tonight, I suppose.

I kept thinking about it some more as he stared at me in a serious way. The bite marks, blood loss, then there was sightings or some creature running at unexplainable speed. I started to laughed from my thinking as Francis looked to me concerned. "What is it?" He asked confused. "Everything...it's so odd, all of this reminds me those silly tales they would tell children" I spoke. "Hmmm? What kind of tales?" He asked.

"Well, like the scary ones. Like vampires, it is a silly thought of course but all these things, almost as if Paris, France has a vampire on the loose" I laughed. Francis stiffened at his spot and it made me become worried. "Are you all righty tighty?" I asked concerned. "Yes....I guess that would be a silly thought. What kind of era are we living in to have a vampire running amuck?" He asked laughing. "Indeed, my exact thought, but the theory is nice, and I could definitely get more evidence or clues on it for a great report. How about this for a tittle!!!? WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE STRANGE KILLINGS?! BEAST? HUMAN? Or VAMPIRE?"

I laughed excited as he stared at me worried with a hint of satisfaction. "I guess that is for you to figure out, right?" He asked. "Yes!!! And I will figure out if it is a beast or a vampire!!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for reading so far!!!
MAKE SURE TO LIKE THE ONE SHOTS!!!