Chapter 1

Adamina: 

Adamina couldn't stand her parents. Not at all. She knew she was the princess and she would have to take over some day, but that day was definitely a long way away, after all her parents were both as healthy as could be. They made her go to ever single one of their business meetings, even though she didn't even want to rule the kingdom. Not now. Not ever. 

She could hear her mother's footsteps walking towards the door to her room. No, not now, she thought. She wanted to be alone, not go to some fancy banquet her parents were sure to be holding at this moment. Adamina stepped out of her room through the second door. In a corner she saw a pair of mens' trousers and a coat. This could be her chance. Maybe she could run away at last? 

She raced into the nearest storage closet, bringing the clothes with her. There, she changed into the clothes and attempted to put up her waist-length, dark brown hair in a way that would hide it's actual length. She would probably have to cut it is she wanted to go through with her plan, she realized. No big problem, she thought to herself, as long as I can find something to cut it with.

Klunk, klunk, went her mother's shoes. Adamina held her breath, what if her mother decided to check in the storage closet she was in? What would she do? Her mother would definitely explode. 

Klunk, klunk, klunk. Her mother's footsteps echoed down the hallway. She'd passed the storage closet, but she still might turn back. Adamina waited a few minutes more minutes before emerging from the storage closet. Almost flying over the floor she made her way down the hallway and out of the palace through all the hidden corridors she'd noticed over the years. In a drawer in one of the corridors she'd found a kitchen knife and cut her hair just over her ears.