Chapter 12

Adamina: 

Danika had tried to hold her hand today, and she'd just totally freaked out, almost falling off the wagon as she both shrugged her hand away from Danika's and jumped as far away from her as possible. Now Danika was sure to think that Adamina didn't like her, even though she did indeed like her, very much actually. 

It was for the best though, now Adamina might actually be able to keep her job at the farm, at least until spring. That was, of course, if her parents or their guards didn't find her before then. If they did she be forced to go back to the castle and live there for the rest of her life. She would not be able to go to a farm ever again, much less live on one. 

Nor would she be able to ever see Danika again, and that was a bigger loss that she could even imagine. Even if Danika didn't want to be with her. She already knew Danika liked her, not that she would still like her if she found out that Adamina was a girl. She definitely wouldn't. 

But Adamina needed Danika in her life, even if it was as just a friend. It was something she'd never known before she met Danika for the very first time. Of course she couldn't have known, as she'd never met Danika before. Though she did need Danika in her life, very badly.

That was why she'd never tell Danika either that she liked her or that she was actually a girl, because she was afraid that she might loose her for good. She also didn't really want to loose her job, but if she would've had to choose between being just friends with Danika or her job, she'd choose Danika at once, anytime, without a doubt. 

In the palace she'd never really and any proper friends, just a few children of lords and ladies who she'd only hung out with either because they had asked her to, she never refused an offer, or because her parents had forced her to. She'd never felt like she could be herself with any of them, not that she'd thought she needed to. That was what Danika had made her realize.

Even though at least she did her best to impress Danika, it was more like they were impressing each other with being as much of themselves as possible. She'd seen how people always tried to impress the person they had feelings for, but it was different with her and Danika. She supposed it might be because they first knew each other as friends, though that couldn't be the only reason, but she didn't know the others.

A/N: Here's another chapter, what do you think. Please ask me anything you are wondering about. Thank you for reading and have a great day!