Chapter 27

Adamina:

What was Danika going to say now? Adamina knew it would have been better not to say anything, not to ask, for fear of what the answer might be. But she'd done it anyway. She'd done it and any second now she would hear an affirmative answer from Danika. She would know Danika hated her for sure.

When she'd asked she hadn't fully understood what it meant. She would soon know that her best friend till now and the girl she was in love with hated her for sure. No, it was just a crush, it'd be over soon enough. She couldn't think otherwise right now before Danika started to spit hateful words at her. But they never came. 

Danika took a deep breath before sputtering out in a voice barely above a whisper, "I don't hate you. How could I?"

Adamina felt Danika's hand touch hers, careful for it not to be visible to her father from inside the house, even if the house was far away. "What do you mean?"

Danika played nervously with Adamina's fingers. "I think I might be in love with you," she whispered.

Adamina's brain short-circuited. It didn't make sense that Danika didn't hate her, even possibly felt the same way. She'd always been told that liking other girls was disgusting, wrong. That didn't make sense to her either, but she'd though that was how it had to be. But it didn't have to be that way. 

There was nothing wrong with the way she felt about Danika. It was romantic love like any other. It wasn't any different from when a girl fell in love with a boy or when a boy fell in love with a girl. Even if she'd been taught that it was all her life. 

Her parents would hate her. But then again she wasn't ever planning on going back to the palace. She was never happy there. Not with her steadily increasing responsibilities, nor with her parents expectations or the prospect of having to marry a prince.

She'd just stay here with Danika, hiding as best they could from Danika's father. She'd just have to hope her parents never found this farm. After all, it was well concealed and far from any town or even a village. They were so to say, all on their own, except of course Danika's father.

Had he just not been here Adamina supposed Danika and her had been content. They could be together without anyone having a problem with it. They could drive the farm together. It was a life so much like the one Adamina hda always dreamed of from when she was little. To spend it with the person she loved would be better than anything she could've ever imagined on her own. 

Of course, Danika might not want that. Maybe she wanted to live in a bustling town where their relationship would have to be either secret or non-existent. Adamina would go with her wherever she wanted to go, given that she could do so without being recognized. Which was something she'd have to be careful of. If not she might be taken back to the palace and never see Danika again. And that was not something she could bear.

A/N: So here at last is the chapter that was promised on Friday. I'm sorry. I don't really have an excuse other than that I was really busy and forgot that it was Friday. I hope you still enjoy the chapter and I promise the regular schedule will be back on track. Please tell me if you notice any mistakes. Thank you for reading and please vote if you feel this chapter deserves it. I hope you are all safe and sound. Last but not least, HAPPY PRIDE MONTH TO YOU ALL!!!