Chapter 18

Adamina:

Danika was sitting across from Adamina, stirring her soup slowly. She knew she owed it to Danika to tell her, but she didn't know how to. Because she didn't know how Danika would react, couldn't know.  

Danika looked up from her soup bowl. "Can you please tell me what is wrong?"

Adamina shook her head no, wishing she could give Danika a proper answer, she deserved so much better.

"Do you not like me?" Danika asked.

"No, I do, a lot," Adamina instinctively reached for Danika's hand across the table. "Trust me,"

"Well, then what is the problem?" Danika asked, incredulous.

"Just forget it, it's not that important," Adamina said, dismissing the growing feeling of fear inside her. 

Despite knowing that it wouldn't last she intertwined her fingers with Danika's, trying just to live in the moment and not to worry about when Danika figured out that she was a girl, because it was inevitable, she knew now that Danika was too inquisitive and curious not to find out.

For a moment she just stared at Danika and Danika stared back at her. Then Danika leaned over the table and, cupping Adamina's cheek, kissed her. 

For a second Adamina was just shocked, frozen to the spot. Unable to do anything, a million thoughts running through her head almost at once. A lock of Danika hair stroked against her cheek, awaking her from her trance. 

She kissed Danika back. Danika's fingers were ice cold against her cheek, but also strangely comforting. A warm tingling feeling that spread all throughout her body all the way to the tips of her fingers and toes. She was not used to anyone touching her that way. That said something about the non-existent bond she'd had with her parents before she ran away, she guessed. They'd never touched her cheek or patted her head or shoulder.

They had always been distant, her parents. Only when she'd done well in school or managed a new skill on the piano. She wasn't really in school though, she'd had a private tutor.

But they were gone now. She knew they were out there in the world someplace, but they were not here. Not even Danika's father was anywhere close to where she was now. All she had to think about was Danika, herself, Danika and kissing her. 

She leaned further into the kiss, savoring the moment. The sun dipping below the horizon and Danika only a few centimeters from her face. They broke apart after a few seconds. Then Danika started to giggle. 

Adamina smiled. "What's so funny?" she asked, starting to giggle a little herself.

"I don't know, I just feel so happy," Danika replied, smiling back at her.

"I feel happy too," Adamina said, leaning in to kiss her once again. This time their lips touched lightly, only for a second, a tiny peck. Then longer, for a whole minute. They broke apart again and before kissing one more time.

"What was it that you were so upset about earlier?" Danika asked her as they broke apart once more.

"Nothing, it's not important," Adamina insisted, her mood turning suddenly somber.

A/N: Here's another update! Hope you liked the chapter. What do you think of Danika and Adamina so far? Who's your favorite character? Please tell me if you notice any mistakes, including spelling mistakes. As well as if there's anything that doesn't make sense. Thank you for reading and please consider voting for any chapter you may deem good enough. As always have a great day!