Chapter 14

Adamina:

After everything that happened when they were in town it's strange to Adamina to wake up and go back to the usual routine. It felt like her big secret had been revealed, but then everybody had been made to forget it right afterwards, even herself. There was just something oddly out of place. 

She thought it might be because she was not used to sharing anything she thought with anyone at all, not that she'd actually shared anything about herself with Danika. But, for once in her life it felt like an actual possibility. 

There was a chance she could be herself, the person she was always meant to be. But here, at this farm it was barely visible to her, just a thin sliver of a piece of cake. Though she couldn't leave, she was safe here, and she had a job. If she left she had nowhere to go but back to the palace, and that was the last thing she wanted to do. 

She might actually rather live in the street, though she didn't know if it was as bad as she'd heard or not. In this scenario she was counting on it not being so bad, if anyone were to ever hold her to her word, that was.

Non the less, Adamina followed the routine she'd become rather accustomed to over time. Get up, a small breakfast, feed the animals and the continue shuffling the hay. She had never known that moving the hay into the barn took up such a large amount of time. It was probably the only farm task she didn't actually like, so it was a pity there was so much of it to be done. 

Not only did she just not like shuffling hay, she also didn't like how it gave her tim to think about Danika. Or, more correctly, to fantasize about her. About her finding out that she was a girl but not caring. About her taking Adamina's hand and holding it for all eternity. About all the things that were never going to happen just because she was a girl and Danika was one too.

She'd often wished to fall in love with a boy instead of the countless girls who would never even give her a second glance, much less be in the same room as her if they'd found out that she liked girls, and not boys, like she was supposed to. 

Even her parents wouldn't have wanted to be in the same room as her, they would have surely thrown her out and told her never to come back or ask for help. Maybe that was why she'd run away in the first place, she  needed to be able to be the one who decided whether she left a household or not, but it wasn't like she had much more of a choice now than she'd had then.

A/N: Here's another update!