Chapter 13

Danika:

They were still driving, even though it was the middle of the night. Adam was fast asleep, his head on her shoulder. She knew she should've probably moved his head as soon as it landed on her shoulder, but she didn't really want to. She liked the comfort of having a part of his body against hers. It was actually so comforting that it was lulling her to sleep, even though she knew she needed to stay awake. She would have to move Adam's head before they arrived at the farm and her dad turned around and saw.

It might mean nothing to her, but it didn't matter, to her father it was inappropriate. But to her it was what friends did, just not this time. This time it was different, no, that was too overused, but there was no other way to put it.

What she felt toward Adam was way stronger than anything she'd felt towards anyone before, even her crush on Mia wasn't even half as strong as the attraction she felt towards Adam. Even though she hated herself for it she was a little glad that the stronger attraction was towards Adam, not Mia, even if they both ended badly. For once she just wanted to be normal, or at least normal in this one part of her life. That there was a chance for a family, or at least a relationship, if Adam hadn't been so nervous, afraid, though of what she did not know.

She wished he would tell her, but it was not going to happen unless Adam actually decided that he wanted to tell her. And that was even less likely. He'd gotten so withdrawn from the situation, but at the same time he was too much in the situation at once. It was hard to explain, but she had no idea how to help him. Even if she tried to ask him the best questions, she could think of she still doubted that he would ever answer with anything more than a shrug or a "I'm fine".

She wondered if she could've done anything wrong. Maybe, but there was nothing she could do about it until he told her what was wrong. Even so, he was asleep now, deep in a hopefully happy dream. After what an awful life he must've had he deserved all the happiness he could ever get. If it was possible, she would have gone around the whole world to collect joy for him. Not if it meant taking it from others, though.

She snuggled closer to him, wrapping her arm around his shoulders. Just like last time, only then he was awake and panicked, she could only hope that he had a better life in his dreams. Even if they were not real, they could help a person get through hard times, if they were happy enough. Or, it had helped her at least, after her mother died.

A/N: Here's the..I don't really how many times I've actually updated today. Thank you for reading, anyway and I hope you have a great day!