Chapter 7

Adamina:

Bump. Bump. Bump. Then the carriage stopped. It had gotten stuck behind one of the larger rocks on the dirt road. 

Mr. Evenstad jumped down from the carriage. After a short struggle he managed to lift the rock and move it out of the road. He climbed up onto the carriage and took the reins.

Bump. Bump. They were back on the road. 

None of them had said a word, even though the carriage was so small that Danika and Adamina's sides were practically crushed into each other. Adamina could feel the silence in the air.

A few hours later they arrived in town. 

"We usually stay at Bellmore's Inn," Danika informed Adamina, "the owner is a friend of dad's,"

Sure enough, Mr. Evenstad led them to a worn-out building with a green sign reading 'Bellmore's Inn' above the door. They entered. Behind the counter was a middle-aged man with almost no hair on his head. Even so he seemed to Adamina like a kinder person than Mr. Evenstad.

He stopped, flipping a few gold coins onto the counter. "Two rooms," he said simply. A person would think Mr. Bellmore was his enemy, not his friend.

Mr. Bellmore handed him three keys. All of them were identical. Danika took them and handed the third one to Adamina. "We'll go up to the room and unpack," she told her father. 

"Great, I'll order some food in the mean time," Mr. Evenstad said.

Danika started walking, motioning for Adamina to follow.

Adamina followed her past multiple old, wooden tables with three-legged stools. She had to stop when she managed to overturn one of the especially unsteady stools. Scooping down, she picked it up and positioned it the right way up. 

When Adamina got to her feet she could see Danika half-way up the stairs. Not wanting to disturb anyone she started walking at a speed as close to the speed of light as possible in stead of shouting for Danika to wait for her.

At the end of the second flight of stairs she reached Danika. "You could have waited for me," Adamina said, adding a little laughter so it wouldn't sound like she was accusing Danika of anything.

"Did you stop? I didn't see," Danika asked.

"Yeah, I managed to knock over one of the stools, so I had to pick it up," Adamina answered.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't notice," Danika apologized.

"You don't need to apologize, I could have asked you to wait," Adamina told her.

"Maybe..." Danika trailed off. 

Adamina played with her fingers. "Anyway, where is the room?"

"Hmm..." Danika thought for a second before exclaiming, "Over there,"

Adamina followed Danika over to it and waited for her to unlock it before both of them ran inside and flung themselves down on a bed each. 

A/N: So another update, seems I'm doing almost daily updates. As always please tell me if you have any questions or notice any mistakes, including spelling mistakes. I hope you enjoyed the chapter and feel free to share your opinion about the characters or the story. Have a good day!