Chapter 24

Danika:

Her mind was racing a billion miles per hour, all thoughts but one flying by before she could make them out. That one thought was the only thing she could hear inside the giant vault that was her brain. Adam was a girl. So much for falling for someone she could actually be with openly. That was never going to happen. And, much worse, she had feelings for a girl that liked her back, and they were growing every second that she was around her, which was pretty much all the time that she wasn't asleep.

Why did this have to happen? How could she have let herself fall in love with someone she barely knew? They'd never even talked about what their relationship was and there she'd gone and fallen head over heels in no time at all. There was no way the girl she was sitting across from that she didn't even know the actual name of loved her back. Sure, she might like her, but she didn't love her, she was sure of that. 

Wait, she didn't even know her name, she should probably ask her then, it wasn't like not knowing her name made anything easier. 

Danika looked at her. She sat to in front of her, hair that would soon reach her ears having fallen onto her forehead so that they resembled bangs.

"If your name is not Adam, then what is it?" Danika asked her, her voice barely above a whisper.

"Adamina," She croaked.

"What?"

"My name is Adamina," She repeated herself.

"I don't think I've ever heard that name before," Danika remarked, trying to lighten the mood but afraid to step over an invisible line and make her, Adamina, uncomfortable.

There were her plans of ever telling her father about their relationship, washing away. In only a few seconds they would be gone completely. But she had Adamina, at least she hoped so.

Not that there was, or was ever going to be a future where they could be together. But she cared about her, a lot, and right now that was all that mattered. It was kind of strange how relieved she'd felt when she'd thought that she could spend the rest of her life with a boy that she liked. 

Really she should have known. She'd had multiple crushes on girls, but she'd never even thought about being with a boy, and that was not about to change. She'd tried to do that herself a few to many times to think so. 

Though, it was sad to think that the happiest she'd probably ever be was now, sneaking around without even the slightest possibility to be open about who she loved. That she'd never get to have a wedding, or hopefully not at least, as the only way she was going to get married was if she married someone she could never love. At least she could be with Adamina, if she was lucky and neither her dad nor anyone else ever found out about them, that was. 

It wasn't exactly everything someone could wish for, but there were many things that were a lot worse.

A/N: How are you all doing? I hope you are all doing well, and I also very much hope that you liked this chapter! Please tell me if you notice any mistakes or if there are any parts you especially like or that resonate well with you. Feel free to comment on any and all things and I will try to answer as soon as possible. Have a great day and feel free to vote if you think this chapter deserves it!