Chapter 6

Adamina:

Adamina heard a knock on the door to her room. "Are you done soon? You know we are going to the town to trade today," she heard Danika say from the other side of the door. Adamina glanced at herself in the tiny mirror she'd been provided with. What would Danika say if she ever found out that Adamina, or Adam, as she thought she was, had been lying to her this whole time? The incidental touches would definitely stop.

Danika might like 'her', but she definitely didn't like the real her in the same way she liked Adam. It only made it worse that Adamina actually liked her back. Because she could never show it, if she did and Danika later found out that she was a girl, and not a boy, like she thought she would, at the very least, hate her for the rest of her life and that was not something Adamina could live with.

Danika opened door, interrupting Adamina's train of thought. Adamina pulled her shirt down over her torso. Quickly, she turned towards the door. "I'm sorry, I overslept," she excused herself, "I'll come now,"

Adamina followed Danika down the stairs in silence. When they reached the kitchen Adamina asked, "What was it like in town the last time you visited?"

"Well, it's a long time ago, almost a year, my memories are not especially clear," Danika answered.

"Tell me what you remember, then," 

"It's called Bernseth, the town. It's small, but there are a lot of people there, or that might just be that I'm not used to a lot of people," Danika told her.

"Maybe," Adamina said.

They were interrupted by Danika's father. "How are you doing Danika?" Mr. Evenstad asked his daughter. He did not seem to like Adamina that much at all. Adamina expected nothing more though, not that she had ever expected this situation to come up. 

"I'm fine, father," Danika answered politely, "And I am looking forward to the trip today,"

"Of course you are, you must be so bored being here on the farm all year long," Mr. Evenstad replied grimly.

"No, of course not," Danika said, trying to calm her father's growing anger.

"Well, we will leave right away. You and Adam can go get your coats, the wagon is outside and ready for us to leave," Mr. Evenstad gobbled up the plate of porridge in front of him in only two and a half bites.

A/N: So, here's another update. Due to me having no planning skill at all and therefore having to way too much in way too short a time there will be a lot of updates in the near future. I hope you enjoyed the chapter. As always please tell me if you notice any mistakes, including spelling mistakes, or have any questions. Have a great day!