Prologue

17 years ago, The Silver Moon Pack

November 10, 2002
6:53 pm

Alpha Jamison watches as the apple of his eye, Remington Mathews, takes his first steps. He listens to the beautiful notes floating thru the air as his wife Cass sings in the kitchen. The soft peals of giggles from his one year old son warms his heart.

Tiny feet patter against the wooden floors of the family home.

"Remi, my boy, you did it. Daddy is so proud of you." Jamison beams as he kisses the small child all over his cherub cheeks.

Soft brown hair covers Remington's head in a tuft of umber. Steel blue orbs twinkle in glee. Perfect heart shaped full lips smile. Creamy beige skin glows with chubby blushed cheeks.

Remington waddles thru the family room as he tests his new achievement.

"Cass, Remi is walking." Alpha Jamison calls thru the air. His excitement is evident thru the timber of his voice.

Cass quickly makes her way to the living room to watch as her son hits his biggest milestone to date.

"Mommy is so proud of you baby!" Cass squeals in delight. Clapping her dainty hands in a show of appreciation and awe.

Cass and Jamison observe their son as he continues to perfect his lopsided waddle.

One year old Remington falls on the floor screaming in agony. His dad, Alpha Jamison, runs to him and picks up the thrashing toddler. He holds Remington into his chest as he rushes towards the pack hospital.

Cass follows swiftly behind him praying to the Moon Goddess for her small child.

As they reach the hospital, little Remi becomes calm and shows no sign of the debilitating pain he was just experiencing.

Cass and Jamison wait for the doctor to look over Remi, just in case.

<<<<<

November 10, 2002
7 pm

Donna Williams is at the pack hospital heaving pants. Inhaling thru her nose and exhaling out of her mouth. The pain is seeping into her bones and setting within her aching muscles.

Her body is tightening and her mind can only register the excruciating pain raking thru her lower half.

Her husband, Kaleb Williams, stands beside her. He holds her small, sweaty hands tightly as he tries to soothe her. He prays to the Moon Goddess that this will be over soon.

Donna pushes frantically as the beads of moisture saturate the strands of her hair. Her body trembles with the force she is exerting to expel the child from her womb.

The doctor pats Donna's leg as he offers her a small break from her strenuous pushing.

As Donna catches her breath, another wave of contractions threatens her body and she bucks into the air. Her body rejects her pleas for comfort and she rolls into herself and pushes again.

The Doctor smiles as his hands reach for the tiny pup that has finally made his way into their world. A tortured scream permeates the air from the preemie in his large hands. He passes the child to his mother for comfort.

Talon Williams is born premature. His mother struggles to console the tiny newborn as tears leak from her tired eyes. He is tiny but absolutely perfect. She holds him close to her heart as she thanks the Moon Goddess for her miracle baby.

"All is well, no sign of his twin." The doctor explains that she will not have to give birth to the child she lost a few months ago.

"Talon must have absorbed his twin. While it is rare, it does happen. Nothing to worry about. It's a miracle you carried Talon as long as you had." The Doctor explains that Talon is indeed a miracle.

The Williams already knew that. They were thankful. They could not spare sorrow for the loss of the twin when their precious child needed comforting in their willing arms.

As if it did not happen, Talon suddenly calms into a peaceful sleep. Donna and Kaleb watch with wet eyes as their beautiful pup rests.

FONT DISCOVERY

***mature content, disclaimers will be noted,  only once in most cases. After that my readers should realize I am a graphic writer***

***POV change (because all my main characters need a chance to shine) will be marked clearly***

<<<<<<<< Scene change or page break indicating a lapse in time

Anything italicized is internal dialect to personal character.

"Italicized dialect with quotes will produce internal thought spoken out loud by mistake."

"Bold is either mind link to another wolf or internal mind link to personal wolf."

***Flashback*** is noted as such and all flashbacks will have italicized font.

Dreams will be italicized and underlined