Choose You

💖 Don't forget to vote/comment! 💖

***Talon's POV***

"Tal, did you see that email? The one from the elders?" Remi hurries about getting our children ready while I finish making their bottles.

"I didn't. I'm sorry. I will next. Promise." I push a bottle into his hand. I take Hannah and start feeding the impatient infant.

"They are getting so big." I struggle with our larger pup. She's a squirmer.

"They can't stay tiny forever." Mom comes in and whisks my pup straight from my arms.

"I was handling it." I roll my eyes.

"Go handle your email. I got this." Mom waves me off. Dad comes through and snatches Gracie. Their really such blessings.

I take the steps two at a time to get to my laptop. I sit in Remi's chair, at his desk. Opening the email, I start scanning the words.

Warlocks? Witches?

I continue through the three page letter that informs me of a very large issue. The question is, why did I receive the information?

When I finish up the last paragraph, I print it. I will need to do a bit of digging. First, I need to get to Elder Ruth.

I walk through the pack lands to find the ancients small home. I haven't been there before. It hasn't been necessary.

Nestled in the corner of our territory, she lives in a small cottage. Fitting. I know it's hers by the symbols carved into the welcome sign. The lady is certifiably weird.

I knock on her door. She opens mid swing and waves me in.

"Come child. We have tons to discuss." Elder Ruth goes to her kitchen so I silently follow.

Her home is full of strange knick knacks. Dust coats each and every one. I continue my observation as she quietly puts on a kettle.

The books that line her shelves are leather bound with spine creases and weathered edges. No doubt that they are as ancient as her, if not older.

"I suppose you read the email?" Elder Ruth turns to me and pushes a cup of tea into my hands. I nod and take a seat at her dining table. She takes the seat across from me and hums.

"What I'm concerned about is why it was sent to me at all." I start the conversation. She seems at peace just drinking tea. However, I have important shit to take care of. I can't keep her company all day.

"Be patient. Youth. So busy working they barely live." Her words cause my eyes to rotate. Not everyone can be centuries old and enjoy breathing as a past time.

"Stop that. I can feel your attitude." This causes a chuckle to escape. Leave it to the ancients to know what we are thinking.

"I'm just trying to get to the heart of the matter. I would like to know what is going on. I apologize." I really didn't mean to be disrespectful.

"It's fine. Don't stress. I'm not." Well that answers nothing whatsoever.

"We seem to be having a small issue in another realm." Elder Ruth stands and shuffles her feet towards the vintage book shelf.

I watch as she pulls a rather large book down. I stand and help her quickly. The book is much heavier than I expect. I have no idea how she thought she could wrestle it to the table.

"Thank you Talon." She smiles sweetly at me.

I take my seat and focus my attention on whatever she is planning on telling me. I love information.