Love Conquers All

💖 Don't forget to vote/comment! 💖

***The Moon Goddess's POV***

Have you ever had a day so horrific that you wish it never procured? Today is that day.

I made a mistake. A big one.

The scene plays over in my mind, reminding me of the devastation that my choice created. It was my selfish intent that broke my chosen couple. My desire to have my plans fulfilled took away a cherished entity in our world

In forcing Talon and Remington apart, I have found flaws within myself. How can I create love yet be so quick to extinguish it. Love is not an experiment. You do not lay down boundaries. Love knows no threshold.

Walking slowly to a book I never thought I would need, I silently chastise myself. If only I had known the catastrophic weight of my choices before I set the train in motion, we would not be here. I would not feel the crushing grief of one of my own creations as he bears the weight of my own volition.

The spine of the ancient book creaks open. In a million centuries I could not imagine a time when this book would come into play. The mere fact that I have reduced myself to the necessity of such a powerful writing should be proof enough that I have committed a cardinal sin.

The binding snaps as new pages fall open to reveal words I have pridefully forgot existed. I hesitate while steadying myself to call upon powers that are stronger than me. Had I not failed, I would not be standing here in such desperate need for a miracle. This is my wrong, my bad decision.

My eyes scan the pages, registering the words as they fall from my lips.

Calling on powers beyond my own, I seek to rectify my misstep.

The verses slip from my lips with a grace that I do not deserve. The power of ancestors who had enough foresight to realize the need for a disclaimer tumble frantically from a deity who knows when to relinquish her will.

I say the phrases with faith that I have not permanently altered our world in a moment of panic.

Sometimes fate means nothing. Destiny is a road meant to be created as it reveals itself. Sometimes love is more powerful than any greater plan.