Second Chance

💖 Don't forget to vote/comment! 💖

***Spencer's POV***

"He killed him. In front of us, in front of the pack. He decapitated his own flesh and blood." Alpha Jamison says the words.

I feel it. The loss. The pain. The finality. I feel the break. My heart pumps wildly as tears roll down my face. My voice coming out in broken sobs.

You think I'm crying for Malik, I'm not. I'm crying for me.

I'm free.

"Shhhh. Baby. It's okay. It's okay." My mate's arms wrap around me and I cling to him. I hold him so close. I can feel his heart beating in my chest.

"I'm okay. I'm free." I sniffle as I look at Lyle Pearson. My love. My life. My mate.

"Yes, you are love. You're free." Lyle walks me through the crowd of wolves as they part for us. Lyle sets me down in his lap and cradles me gently.

"Alpha Ramon, he wants to visit. When your ready. But, we told him that was your choice. You don't have to ever be ready." My father n law bends down in front of me and I climb into his lap.

"I don't hate him. He didn't know." I whisper the words into Eric's large chest. His arms are comforting, soothing.

"Spencer. We love you. So much. We aren't angry with you. We haven't been. Honestly, just thought it was some fucked up hormones." Eric chuckles and I giggle. So did I.

"Can I um, hold one of the babies? I don't know what's going on. But, Keagan is really pushing for a pup to be in our arms?" I ask the words softly. I'm scared. I haven't so much as looked at one of the pups in all these weeks.

I look up as Lloyd hands me his super tiny pup. This boy doesn't look like he's the product of his hulking Daddies. I smile as I cradle the sleeping pup in my arms. Keagan mewls and coos as we feel the weight of such a tiny thing in our arms.

"What have I been missing?" I hold the baby close to my face and nuzzle into his soft flesh. I'm in love. Oh Goddess, it's incredible.

I hold back the tears as they gather quickly.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." I rock the pup back and forth. I place a kiss on his cheek, humming at the love radiating off the tiny bundle of joy.

I can feel my pup stirring. His body moves, for the first time, inside of me. I glance down at my small belly in sheer pleasure.

"He's moving." I whisper. My heart fills and blooms to a staggering size. My pup.

"He's probably waking up. His name is William." I smile but shake my head.

"No. My pup. He just moved." I push the baby into Eric's arms and grab my stomach. I press my splayed hand against my tummy and rub, wanting desperately to feel it again. Nothing.

"Give him back." I bark the order and accept William back into my arms. My pup immediately flutters in my stomach.

"Babe. Feel." I look up to Lyle with anticipation. I pray he can feel it.

Lyle's hand reaches my lower back and he places his other over my belly button. The baby goes to fucking town.

"He must be a ninja." I cry out the words in elation.

Lyle beams while he holds me between his hands.

"He's active." Lyle bends down and lifts my shirt. I blush. I'm not used to that. He kisses my stomach and I run my fingers through his hair while latching desperately to my Mate and William.