Stupid Doesn't Look Good On You

Lyle Pearson

***Remi's POV***

The next two days went by without much incident. Talon expelled any and all food that he consumed. We had an ultrasound to check on the pup since Talon was unable to give it much nutrients.

Dr. Gibson assured us it was a normal phase. Talon would move past it. The pup would get what he needed even if he had to take it from Talon. We don't know the gender we just automatically say he. It could be a girl. We have no preference.

Kai stays restless. He wants to continuously fawn over Meka. Meka got annoyed and flashed her canines a couple times until Kai calmed the fuck down. Kai is less on edge but, his whimpering is mildly annoying. He doesn't like it when Meka is upset with him.

There isn't much we can do about that. Meka is growing a pup as well.

Talon is super excited about the bon fire. I agreed that I would not consume alcohol since Talon was unable to. It really isn't a disappointment. I'm not a huge drinker.

My mom and Mrs. William's pulled all the stops out. They ordered all sorts of decorations and a huge birthday cake for Lyle. We don't always throw big parties. But, Lyle is now Head Warrior and his turning 18 is a big deal.

Today, me and Talon are going shopping for a birthday gift for Lyle. We couldn't invite everyone because then we would want to invite Lyle. That would defeat the purpose.

We get up and get dressed. I help Talon to the car. He doesn't actually need my help. However, my Dad's story really brought it home. I choose to worship my god of a mate.

Talon's belly is expanding slightly, despite the frequent up chucking. He has a tiny lil pouch that is absolutely adorable. He looks like he is bloated. I can't help but rub the little bulge every chance I get.

Talon says I am not a genie and his belly is not a lamp. Although, his little belly is granting my wish all the same.

"What are you thinking of getting Lloyd?" I ask Talon.

"Well, two gifts. One is conditional." Talon explains as I drive towards the mall.

"What's the condition?" I smile over at him.

"If Spencer ends up being his mate, I want to get him a necklace with a ship charm. You know, a big I told you so." Talon giggles.

"Very mature." I smirk.

"What's the real gift?" I question.

"I want to get him a Fantastic Four shirt." Talon smiles.

"Why?" I ask incredulously.

"Because, when we were kids that's what Mrs. Jenny called Me, Lutz, Lyle and Lloyd." Talon shrugs.

"That's pretty sweet." I admit.

"Well, I kinda gotta get four shirts." Talon changes his mind.

"That is a good idea." I praise my thoughtful mate.

"We should probably get him a third gift, come to think of it." Talon tsks.

"Yeah, something just for him." I confirm.

"Maybe, a new laptop." Talon offers.

"If he needs one, I'm not opposed to the idea." I agree.

"There. All settled." Talon leans over and kisses my cheek.

"I love you baby. Thank you for carrying our family." I whisper to the love of my life.

"I love you. You're welcome." Talon bounces in his seat.