Rest for the Weary

***Talon's POV***

I could feel my mate's chest frantically pounding under my ribs. He has me pressed so tightly in his arms as he runs towards the pack hospital.

I tried to reason with Meka before he pushed me back. The minute my feet hit the pack house porch, I was already on four legs. Meka wouldn't speak and his feelings left no room for argument.

He was trembling.

Remi deposits my wolf form on the hospital bed as he hovers over me. He whispers comforting words into my wolfs ears. He tries to reason with Meka to release me to my own body, to no avail. Meka wasn't budging.

As Remi's voice becomes a crying plea, Jenny enters the room and audibly gasps. No doubt, I shouldn't be my wolf at this moment.

Jenny quickly stands besides us, her hands moving at a quick pace. She begins hooking monitors up. She draws blood. She runs her hands soothingly thru my fur. She tries to reason with my wolf.

I'm panicking and I can't catch my bearings.

Jenny hooks up the ultrasound while I look on thru my own mind. I watch the monitor and see nothing that sticks out to me. Of course, I wouldn't know what to look for to begin with.

Jenny leaves the room as an uncomfortable silence settles in. Dr. Gibson soon enters with Jenny following close behind. I watch as she injects me with something.

I relax quickly and feel my bones cracking. A sigh of relief leaves my human lips. Remi gently encases me in a warm embrace. His lips make contact with every inch of my face before settling on my knuckles repeatedly.

"I'm sorry." Remi cries over my hands.

"I'm just over sensitive." I promise as tears leak from my eyes.

"Alpha, Luna." Dr. Gibson greets us as he steps to stand beside me.

"Hi Dr. Gibson." I meekly smile.

"Talon, Meka is being extremely protective. I can feel him growling." Dr. Gibson starts.

"I know." I sigh. He is on edge.

"We would like to do an internal ultrasound. I want to check on the pup. Just need to make sure there is nothing to worry about. Do we have your permission?" Dr. Gibson looks to my mate for approval.

"Yes." Remi immediately answers.

I lay back while Remi removes my clothes behind the protection of a bed sheet. He gently rubs his massive hands over my pronounced bump.

Dr. Gibson stands in front of me and blindly inserts a thin wand into my birthing hole. I wince from the intrusion.

Jenny and Dr. Gibson stare at the screen as I feel the wand being turned, pushed and pulled. It's extremely uncomfortable and violating.

"Well." Dr. Gibson chuckles.

"What's funny?" I ask.

"Talon, dear, Meka knows a secret." Jenny coos as she kisses my cheek.

"Well share." I grit my teeth grouchily at her.

"There is a second pup nestled behind the first and larger pup. You two are having twins." Dr. Gibson confirms.

"Their why your hormones are on a roller coaster. You are feeling twice as much as the rest of the pregnant pack members." Jenny whispers.

"Fucking fabulous." I groan.

"Baby, this is wonderful." Remi captures my lips in a sweet kiss.

"I know it's just I am so exhausted, cranky, achy. I am just tired Remi." I whine pathetically.