Yeah, That Happened

***Remington's POV***

Oh, what a night. So, Lyle finally got his mate.

Thank the Goddess!

My tired baby fell asleep in my arms during the celebration. I joyfully carried him up the stairs and wrapped my arms around his growing waist. I cuddled my sweet love and fell fast asleep.

My morning starts off as usual. Talon hugs the toilet gracefully as he dry heaves his offering to the porcelain god. He doesn't complain as his body tremors from the violent assault. I slip my arms around him as I sit behind him and rub his back.

Poor baby.

I whisper sweet words of praise to my ailing mate. The pup is really unkind to his daddy.

Talon gets up, with my help and we brush our teeth before getting dressed and heading down stairs.

Talon's feet drag as he shuffles ever so slowly down the stair case. He misses one of the steps and falls forward. I lurch quickly, grabbing him around his waist and hauling into my arms. He nestles close to my chest as I carry him to the dining room table.

Talon whimpers when I set him down. My eyebrows raise in question. Talon makes grabby hands and I smile as I put him in my lap. My legs become his seat.

"Hey sweetie. What do you want for breakfast?" Mrs. Williams asks. She caresses Talon's cheek and attempts to kiss his forehead. Talon turns his face into my chest and effectively blocks her display of affection.

Mrs. Willliams sighs as she takes a small step back.

"Baby, that was rude. Apologize." I whisper. He just hurt his mom's feelings for no good reason.

The next thing I know, Talon is sobbing in my chest.

"It's okay, Remington. I understand." Mrs. Williams walks off defeated.

"Talon, baby, what is wrong with you?" I ask. I'm literally stupefied that I just witnessed that.

Talon doesn't respond. He climbs off my lap and races outside. He slams the pack house door on his way out.

I huff as I stand.

Fucking mood swings.

I walk quietly to the door and open it. I close it behind myself and look around.

Where did he go?

I walk down the steps and look left, right, forward. To no avail.

The Luna is fast.

I trudge through the wet morning grass as I try to scent my mate. Kai urges me to find him, now. I try to reason with my worried wolf but, I give up as I walk around searching.

His scent isn't exactly the same as it used to be so I have a hard time recognizing it, as it's still new to both Kai and me.

I listen for sniffles, shuffles or the rustling of leaves.

Nothing.

I scratch the back of my neck and continue walking the pack lands. I'm quite perturbed over his sudden untraceable disappearance.

My nerves kick in after twenty minutes of searching. I mind link Jace.

"I can't find him. Can someone come help me please?" I request worriedly.

It takes a few seconds before a pack of warriors, lead by Lyle, stand beside me.

"Lutz, Austin and Alex, go west. Reid, Devon, Pierce go east. Dad, Alpha and Remi take the North. I will go south with Lyle and Max." Jase barks the orders as we all split into groups.